Pigeon Talk

Yeah, done as in I'm not gonna buy anything from her. It was getting a bit too late into the summer for me to be comfortable with shipping anyway. By the time a money order got there...nope.

The people who ask for money orders or Western Union like this say they do it because they're afraid of getting ripped off. But doing it that way means that instead of the seller taking some risk, the buyer has to take ALL the risk - I could send a money order or wire them money, and they could just run off with it and never send me birds.

PayPal is better. There's protection on both ends, the money transfer is instant, and if you don't like the fees, you can just charge a little extra to cover them. Plus, there's no way for misunderstandings like this to occur, where a buyer sends a payment that the seller agreed to, then the seller just doesn't send birds because they apparently can't or don't read.

I don't think I'll try to buy pigeons by check again. Either they take PayPal, or I don't buy from them. They might say they want it sent like that because they're old fashioned, but I'm finding these breeders online so clearly they have internet, and PayPal's been around for 22 years, it's not new.

Anyway, this will conclude my rant on the subject, lol.
Very good rant. :thumbsup Hope you can find another breeder.

Hi guys! I'm back. It's been a couple weeks I think. BYC isn't giving me notifications now so I'll have to look into it. Anyway, I picked up my new pigeon today. Here he is in his quarantine cage/palace haha. He is very cute and his neck shines a very nice purple. Can't wait to put him in the aviary in a week or so!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_194550.jpg
    IMG_20200616_194550.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi guys! I'm back. It's been a couple weeks I think. BYC isn't giving me notifications now so I'll have to look into it. Anyway, I picked up my new pigeon today. Here he is in his quarantine cage/palace haha. He is very cute and his neck shines a very nice purple. Can't wait to put him in the aviary in a week or so!!
Yay! He looks good. He's got a great home.

Yay! He looks good. He's got a great home.

He seems very healthy and active. Haven't looked him over too good yet though. Don't want to handle him for at least a few more days in case that makes him dislike me. He is certainly a character haha. He likes to run and waddle back and forth in the cage and then jump up onto his water dish. Never had a pigeon this active lol! I'll probably keep him in quarantine for a week since the lady who had him before (for about a month) didn't notice any symptoms. Just want to be safe and check him myself first! Also, Apparently the tips of his flight feathers are dirty! She had used old newspaper for cage lining and the ink from the pages dyed his feathers. They look dirty for now but they will moult out eventually haha.

On a side note, there are chimney swifts living in my chimney. No big deal since we barely use the fireplace. Their chirps are cute, at least for now, We'll see how I feel in a couple weeks from now haha. We also had some song sparrows fledge in the yard today, and a nest of robins in my grapevine seems ready to fledge soon as well. Very exciting!!!

On a side note, there are chimney swifts living in my chimney. No big deal since we barely use the fireplace. Their chirps are cute, at least for now, We'll see how I feel in a couple weeks from now haha. We also had some song sparrows fledge in the yard today, and a nest of robins in my grapevine seems ready to fledge soon as well. Very exciting!!!
Cool! had a nest of wrens fledge yesterday, and 2 nest of blue birds fledge a couple weeks ago. and another nest about to fledge. Then another pair of blue birds building a nest, in one of my boxes. (I put up 6 boxes this year).

PayPal is better. There's protection on both ends, the money transfer is instant, and if you don't like the fees, you can just charge a little extra to cover them. Plus, there's no way for misunderstandings like this to occur, where a buyer sends a payment that the seller agreed to, then the seller just doesn't send birds because they apparently can't or don't read.
Paypal offers a layer of protection that I prefer over just using a Credit Card.
Whenever an option,,,,,, I GO PAYPAL ROUTE. :thumbsup
The small additional fee is just equal to a fart in a hurricane. :old

Back
Top Bottom