Planning in Cleveland

clevetromba

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 9, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Hi everybody,

I have been a casual reader of this site for the past year or so, but have not actually started keeping chickens yet. After watching "Alaska The Last Frontier" on Discovery, I've decided to get serious about starting a flock. I have a garage full of salvaged lumber and now I need to get a coop design down on paper. I'm a little bewildered by all the options and considerations, and have limited placement options in my yard. I'm going straight for the "required reading" section and hope to figure out the basics so I'm ready to start building next Spring.

Mark

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
There are some wonderful designs and plans in the Coops section. Also check out the Learning Center for more on housing, feeding, flock maintenance etc. Enjoy!

Have confidence in yourself, chickens aren't picky, I'm sure they will love whatever you make for them.

Last edited:
What DSD said. So long as you observe a few basic rules, they will love it and flourish in it. Chickens aren't engineers or architectural critics.

Plenty of space, plenty of ventilation, ease of cleaning, and reduction of drafts seem to be some the most important things. Otherwise, just enjoy perusing the coops section.

Back
Top Bottom