Please confirm this is a male silkie

New Chickadee

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Ventura, CA
You guys helped me figure out Debbie was really a Delbert, and we found him a great home with nine hens! Today, my one day off, Daisy started cockle-doodle-dooing, and she did it well. The other day I saw her run up to one of the hens with her chest sticking out and standing very tall. I am now suspicious she's a he. And the facial skin has grown, and those back feathers look pointy. Please give your yay or nay on whether Daisy also needs another name...and a new home where she can crow without neighbors getting upset. I'm very, very sad at this point because this means my two favorite hens are really roosters.

88006_dscn2097.jpg

88006_dscn2096.jpg

88006_dscn2099.jpg

88006_dscn2098.jpg

If he's crowing and all that, on top of his streamers and huge comb... 100% boy.

As far as his comb goes, Silkies are technically supposed to have walnut combs, not single. But sometimes they have a genetic fault somewhere in the line and get a single comb.

tis a lovely rooster...he can have a straight comb although its not normal for silkies to have straight combs...if you lived near leesville,la i would love to take him

Back
Top Bottom