PLEASE HELP ASAP! ROUEN DUCK

In the morning try and use nail clippers to clip the feathers back away from the wound. If you worried about him struggling while you are clipping, then have someone hold him for you while you are clipping the feathers, do get ahold of some antibiotics ointment or the horse sauve from amazon. You are doing your best you can, and flush it with whatever you have on hand, Vetrycin, betadine, etc. and then apply ointment and watch for flies. Good luck! Avery :highfive:

In the morning try and use nail clippers to clip the feathers back away from the wound. If you worried about him struggling while you are clipping, then have someone hold him for you while you are clipping the feathers, do get ahold of some antibiotics ointment or the horse sauve from amazon. You are doing your best you can, and flush it with whatever you have on hand, Vetrycin, betadine, etc. and then apply ointment and watch for flies. Good luck! Avery :highfive:
Okay, I put him in a warm bath yesterday, but he started shivering so i took him out.
How do i cut the feathers?? I've never done it before.
He ate some mealworms with water this morning.. and was trying to quack
But still not really moving his head. I'm sure its sore.

I've heard of hawks and other predators going for the back of the neck.

But if I'm not mistaken other poultry rivalry attacks tend to go for the rear end and tail more often than not. Usually not the neck. But I have heard of chickens going for eyes of rivals also, but not necks.

Hope this helps.

I have heard of some ducks recovering from neck injuries also but being a bit disfigured and handicapped for life afterwards.

Oh poor baby those are not mites they look like leaches or maggots im at a loss dear i just don’t know how to help i know for sure get all that off and the one up the nose use tweezers and get them all

For countering maggots etc you could use a veterinary spray. They have stuff like that at an 'animal health' store.

Back
Top Bottom