PLEASE HELP! Dropped egg on hatch day…

TheChickenLadyyy

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2023
There was one pip hole prior to break. Picture below. Bleeding but chick is breathing and chirping. Beak is sticking out. Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 40
I’ve been reading that putting coconut oil or a wet paper towel on the crack away from the beak could help?

I wouldn't apply a wet paper towel. Use Bacitracin or Triple antibiotic ointment to keep the membrane from drying out. Coconut oil can be used too if you don't have the ointments.

Hopefully the chick will be able to hatch on its own without assistance, if you find that after waiting for a good period of time and she needs help, wait a little longer and thoroughly read thread this article.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

She’s out of the egg but just laying there peeping and breathing. She seems to still be attached to the egg. There seems to be a sac of some sort on her belly? What should I do now?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 15
If there’s a sack on her, I could be her yolk sac. Keep her in a small upright paper cup with a tissue in it. it should absorb on its own. Don’t cut it or remove it, its vital that the chick absorbs it on its own.

Here’s a better photo… could I take her out of incubator to do that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom