Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Hovabator Genesis 1588

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • IncuView All-In-One

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Brinsea

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Yeah, I thought I had decided on a Hovabator, but then I started getting unsure with all the negative-ness towards styrofoam ones. And I've never successfully hatched anything so I'm clueless :confused:

So here's the thing, your list to vote on consists of all of my favorite incubators so you've been doing good research. My personal preference is in this order, NR360, IncuView, Brinsea, Hovabator. BUT I have varying reasons as to why they fall into those categories.
- Of the 3 types of styrofoam incubators I have experience with Hovabator was my favorite.
- NR360 has offered ease of use, good price point, and has remained reliable through MANY hatches over a couple of years for me.
- IncuView is a little bit touchier but it offers great flexibility in what you can hatch without needing to hand turn. It's also the easiest incubator I've ever cleaned.
- Brinsea is a great incubator though I did struggle with the humidity a bit more and I had to supply my own hygrometer because there isn't one built-in (I always use a secondary calibrated thermometer/hygrometer anyway) but I don't see a reason for the high price tag when I can get the same results from other incubators.

I don't remember everything, but I had asked around on here a while ago about the genesis Hovabator, and most said it wouldn't hold temperature well. But I've heard so many great things about it too, so I dunno what to do
Interesting. Mine has done well, but I'm not a super experienced hatcher.

Sounds like you have lots if incubator experience! I'm now kinda thinking of taking the Brinsea off the options list because of the things you have said, and also because it's a little out of the price range.

I probably have too much experience with different incubators, lol. It became a joke for a little while and my friends gave me incubators. I've had 7 different brands now I think? lol
I gave away most of them and I'm now down to two NR360s and 1 IncuView. Those are my favorites and between those I can hatch anything with ease.

I have had very nice results with Hovabators. I heard that styrofoam incubators work better than plastic ones, but I know others have different opinions.

This is my tried and true.
Even use it for my parrots.

Screenshot_20210109-210147(1).png

It’s so variable dependent on what’s most important to you: ease of use, price, idiotproof, etc. Each of the models in you poll has its own best points. For what you said in the first post, I’d think the Nurture right would be a good fit.
Yeah, I'm really just looking for something that works really well, not too crazy expensive, and will last a little while. Have you had good experiences with it?
Thanks!

So here's the thing, your list to vote on consists of all of my favorite incubators so you've been doing good research. My personal preference is in this order, NR360, IncuView, Brinsea, Hovabator. BUT I have varying reasons as to why they fall into those categories.
- Of the 3 types of styrofoam incubators I have experience with Hovabator was my favorite.
- NR360 has offered ease of use, good price point, and has remained reliable through MANY hatches over a couple of years for me.
- IncuView is a little bit touchier but it offers great flexibility in what you can hatch without needing to hand turn. It's also the easiest incubator I've ever cleaned.
- Brinsea is a great incubator though I did struggle with the humidity a bit more and I had to supply my own hygrometer because there isn't one built-in (I always use a secondary calibrated thermometer/hygrometer anyway) but I don't see a reason for the high price tag when I can get the same results from other incubators.
Sounds like you have lots if incubator experience! I'm now kinda thinking of taking the Brinsea off the options list because of the things you have said, and also because it's a little out of the price range.

Back
Top Bottom