Please help sick chickens!!!!

A day or two is too long. They are freezing to death at 70 degrees. It doesn't sound like Rural King. It sounds like too cold. Did you read what almost every person here has said about simple ways to keep them warm until it gets here?
Yes. I set them up with a makeshift brooder, but they just keep getting worse

No, they are too cold. You've raised day old chicks before in 70 degree temps without a heat source?!
They were a week old that time, and all 19 lived. It might be because that was in late summer, but regardless, I set up a makeshift brooder and they are still just getting worse

They were a week old that time, and all 19 lived. It might be because that was in late summer, but regardless, I set up a makeshift brooder and they are still just getting worse
It's clearly not warm enough. Add a heating pad that doesn't have a shut off and make a cave with it so they can go in - and still have room to get away from it if needed so they also don't overheat. Anyway, good luck.

These chicks need heat NOW. Place some water bottles in the microwave for 30secs-1min. Make sure they're WARM not HOT (hold it to your bare skin) and place them in with the chicks. Keep them really warm!

And please, don't get more chicks until you have a proper broader set up.... those poor babies are freezing *and* starving to death. Their digestive system shuts down when they're too cold for too long. I'm sorry you're losing chicks, but please, be sure to do research in the future before bringing any animals- especially baby ones- home. Chicks dying are not the fault of Rural King or a feed store if they were not kept warm or in the proper conditions..

Back
Top Bottom