poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

total outlaw, for sure. She's my dirty little secret. Bad thing is, I have no idea how to change the rule without getting kicked out of my house or losing her. We stay on the down-low
cool.png

I am sooooo illegal
hide.gif
But screw them!
tongue.gif
The official name of my state is The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.....so I have a small plantation....2 dogs, 2 cats, 4 hens, one roo! Deal with it!
smack.gif

Legal with the city kind of , not legal with the stupid HOA.
tongue.gif
rant.gif
(SHHHHHH) We have 9 but Intended on 4. The 5 older girls came with the coop we got off of Craigslist. So they are just being babysat for life.
tongue2.gif

well, legal with the state for hatching and selling birds/chicks and such. but trying to fly under the city's radar even though i'm right across the street from the Dept of Public Works! neighbors like the chickens and don't mind the roosters as long as they don't hear them before 6:30-7 am! one boy is a 'quiet' crower while the others get to stay in the sound proofed garage with a couple of girls for breeding. (got AC and heat in there!)

Quote:
heheh That's my story and i'm sticken too it! My other story is that hey are a new breed of parrot!

I cannot answer, I have no chickens, no roosters and no guineas. If I were to reply it would be an admission of guilt. I just found out there are a whole bunch of rules to keep chickens, I have Patagonian ground parrots.

Last edited:
Outlaw. Here in the province of Quebec, Canada, the backyard chicken movement has not caught on yet, so we are underground pioneers. We hope that the idea will make its way so that the cities start changing their regulations.

we are legal here in Vermont ... our town has no rules regarding chickens ... technically I guess we could have as many as we want, but we are sticking with our five for now!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom