Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
I kept two goslings from last years hatch. Thought they were both hens. One started laying early, the other one not at all. I am pretty sure it is a gander. I am thinking that maybe the ganders do not mature as quickly as the hens as I never witnessed him mating. Won't know for sure until next spring.

Folks, I am looking for a few breeders to add to my small flock here. I know of the woman in Maine but hers are too closely related to mine. I have been looking through the thread and a lot of you are located pretty far from me. Ohio and possibly TN seem closes. Anyone want to chime in with some pointers here?

Those of you with Facebook accounts can ask to join the Pomeranian, and Waterfowl Fanciers groups on there: Both maintain breeder directories.

Also, if you go to this page http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/animal_dis_spec/poultry/participants.shtml

and click your state, it will pull up a list of all NPIP breeders in your state. Last time I checked, I think the entire country was available through the Texas link.

Then you need to do an Adobe PDF search for the "product codes" associated with Pomeranian geese:Y14; Y73; and Y74. Their aren't many NPIP Pom breeders, but this will find every one of them for you.

Good luck everyone!

I love geese!!!
love.gif
I must say, I think I may love parakeets more though. But, everyone likes different things
highfive.gif

Hello all could I get some advice I have 3 female geese all now laying eggs I am from Australia so it's just coming into spring here (September) my geese are laying daily and I have what I have been told are 2 Pomeranian's and 1 Embden but the other day I was told that my 2 poms look like Pilgrim ???? And I am unclear can anyone confirm what they think may 2 geese are and also the Embden yesterday laid a huge egg of 238grams which is 11 inches high and 7.7 inches around is that a huge egg or just a bit larger then normal :D.

Last edited:
I agree but one of them either has poor color or is a different color than we have. Grey is usually a dark solid grey and buff is a tan color. You have one that looks very lavender.

Back
Top Bottom