Pompom Duck has her eyes infected

Pics
Surgery is really risky for ducks. I fully trust my vet when she tells me that. She is the main vet for a zoo in the region. The other birds she gives the implants to are the zoo's eagles!
You are lucky to have such an eggspert at hand! - Yet, still that's a hefty bill.

So far everything went wrong this afternoon with Iris: I thought she would enjoy a bath in luke-warm water as she hasn't been able to clean up herself for over a week - yet she did not really liked her bath. She drank a lot of water, but kept her head dry and didn't even wash her wings.

After about 20 minutes she started to quack loud and wanted out. But out her way: When i tried to pick her up, she jumped out, straight into the dried up peppermint plants, so she smells like a Mentos now! :gig - Which is much better than before! Imaging a duck not in the water for about a full week… :sick

What a fight! - Iris Duck did not want to have any of her medications voluntarily this evening. Did you know that some ducks can tuck their lower bill completely into the upper bill so that you have no leverage to open her mouth? - That's her!
She made one mistake and quacked, so i could put my finger into her bill and keep it open. - Her lamella are really sharp though…
And then she lifted her tongue to close up her esophagus… First ½ pill i tried to apply was spit to the floor. Second one i managed to push down, she spit out into the water. The third one i rammed down with a telephone pole and it stayed down.
Eye-drops? - Put them where the eggs come out! Ointment? - I will bite your nose off!!
She unwrapped herself twice out of the duck-burrito into which i turned her. Being beaten by a duck-wing into the eye is not funny!
Tomorrow i will use the heavy chains from the red-room! 😆
Can Mrs Hillbilly not help? Or is she smarter than that? ;)

So far everything went wrong this afternoon with Iris: I thought she would enjoy a bath in luke-warm water as she hasn't been able to clean up herself for over a week - yet she did not really liked her bath. She drank a lot of water, but kept her head dry and didn't even wash her wings.

After about 20 minutes she started to quack loud and wanted out. But out her way: When i tried to pick her up, she jumped out, straight into the dried up peppermint plants, so she smells like a Mentos now! :gig - Which is much better than before! Imaging a duck not in the water for about a full week… :sick
Poor Ducky. My ducks feel neglected going without a clean bath every other day. She must really be in pain.

What a fight! - Iris Duck did not want to have any of her medications voluntarily this evening. Did you know that some ducks can tuck their lower bill completely into the upper bill so that you have no leverage to open her mouth? - That's her!
She made one mistake and quacked, so i could put my finger into her bill and keep it open. - Her lamella are really sharp though…
And then she lifted her tongue to close up her esophagus… First ½ pill i tried to apply was spit to the floor. Second one i managed to push down, she spit out into the water. The third one i rammed down with a telephone pole and it stayed down.
Eye-drops? - Put them where the eggs come out! Ointment? - I will bite your nose off!!
She unwrapped herself twice out of the duck-burrito into which i turned her. Being beaten by a duck-wing into the eye is not funny!
Tomorrow i will use the heavy chains from the red-room! 😆
I'm sorry she isn't a grateful patient! Sounds like an all out battle!

Back
Top Bottom