Possible breathing problem?

Rogerrr18

Hatching
Aug 5, 2019
I went to clean out my coop this morning and my hen seems to be having trouble breathing. I've attached a video with sound. She's not doing it constantly and periodically stops making the noise. Any thoughts? What can I do for her?

https://imgur.com/a/ILlRJNK

Is she gasping? From the back I can't see the beak. Is her vent clean? In the video there appears to be something stuck there (debris). Check for egg binding which happens during cold weather more often. I hear no sounds so can not make any reply on it.

When I click the links here’s a button at the top right of the picture that lets you enable volume.

She has a little bit of feces stuck (she always does, I’m not sure why. I clean it off regularly). I checked for egg binding and didn’t find anything. It almost sounded like really congested breathing. But she’s stopped doing it now? She’s acting normal and wandering around the yard. Her eyes and feet all look good too

Attachments

• 7E3E4CC9-8915-4FCA-9ED0-E75E7CFBA78B.png
    7E3E4CC9-8915-4FCA-9ED0-E75E7CFBA78B.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
Feces stuck to her vent area on a regular basis could be signs of an intestinal/digestive problem. There are a number of natural remedies that could be helpful. My memory is not what it should be lately, but I'm sure a look online would provide the answers or you could question the group.

Back
Top Bottom