post pics of your rescue pets

Denasfarm

That is so nice of you to help that little old lady. She looks so sweet. I am so glad that she landed in your pathway, I am sure that she will find a way to repay you for your act of kindness.
hugs.gif

Quote:
You can just see the sadness and depression in her eyes in the first pic. The other pics she looks happy, and no longer depressed.
I am not a dog lover, but this one really got to me
hit.gif

Jen

Love this thread as well, nice to see so many lucky critters.

I have two dogs , both , adopted from the SPCA, both with sad stories to tell.

I adopted my first one , Koda, almost 3 years ago (come this March). I lost my beloved Fletcher 3 years ago, and after he passed I vowed to adopt a dog.......or two, in his memory. There will never be a dog like my Fletcher was, but, to rescue a dog from a life of bars, is what I needed to do.

This is Koda. He is coming up 3 years old. He and 3 of his littermates were found in the garbage dump on a reserve (which is on an Island). He was lucky in that, one lady was allowed trips to the Island to catch as many pups, dogs, cats as she could to bring back to the mainland. Lucky for Koda, she found him , and his littermates, 3 others were found in the woods. He was covered in lice and full of worms. Barely old enough to be away from their mom.

october2010581.jpg

julyaugust10401.jpg

This is Buddy, I felt Koda needed a friend, so kept an eye out. I really wanted another white shepherd/husky like Fletcher, but, they are hard to find where I am.
So, kept an eye at the local shelter, Buddy caught my eye on the website, I went and visited him twice. Brought him home on a test run, and its been two years since we've adopted him. He has some issues, but, he is the biggest baby in the house, a big ol' lap dog.
Outside, very high prey drive and will run away if given the opportunity, his recall, well, it needs a lot of work.
He was adopted from the shelter as a puppy, then apparently the owner got bored and threw him out. He was picked up as a stray, that is how the SPCA got him. I am not sure what his age is for sure. He's about 3 -4 years old. I've had him for two.

october2010246.jpg

Koda and Buddy are the best of friends, was a perfect matchup. They are inseperable really.

julyaugust10565.jpg

This year, after we went through the numbers, we had some money available for donating to charities. We donated some to the rescue where we got Ernest and got employer matching. Today, we got an email from them:

Thank you for your kind generosity. We were actually able to help save a dog who had a broken leg earlier this month with your donation. This morning we took in another so we're even more grateful for your assistance earlier as we have that bill paid off. We did confirm with [the employer] as well about your donation. Thank you for your kind giving and for caring about our dogs. It makes a huge difference.

Sitting here with my rescue mutt curled up next to me on the couch and feeling so happy that we were able to help save two other doggies too!

Here is Zoe when we first got her. She is supposed to be a purebred Great Dane. She was owned by a college student going to school full-time, working two jobs, one full-time and the other part-time. Zoe spent the first part of her life almost completely confined in a crate. I don't think the student was neglectful on purpose. I just think she didn't know any better.

zoeandfriends017.jpg

zoeandfriends016.jpg

This is Zoe now. We struggled with MANY issues with her. But she is much better today. She has a family of 5 kids who adore her and almost 3 acres to get her dailly "Zoomies" on. You will also notice she is a prime example of the effects of Backyard Breeders. Her comfirmation is so poor even the novice that I am would not believe she is a full blood dane if I didn't have her AKC papers in hand.

With our Lab mix another rescue:

SAM_3102.jpg

Being loved by one of our girls:

SAM_3273.jpg

Overlooking her yard:

SAM_2978-1-1.jpg

We have found several dogs over years and found homes for them. Our first was Poky and we kept him. We found Poky 13 years ago outside a Cal Ranch store in Pocatello, Idaho. We were visiting family for Christmas and lived in AZ at the time. We saw him run towards the road from the entrance of the store as we were finding a place to park. He was only about 5-6 weeks old and had a distended belly. There was an empty box near the entrance of the store and I went inside to ask if anyone knew who he belonged to. No body knew, but said he had been there all morning. I left my number just in case he belonged to anyone. It was -3 degrees out that day and he was cold. We drove 14 hours home with him up on a mattress in the car and I remember being so happy because he didn't have one accident the whole way!
He was a great dog and kind of quirky. He was my big lug! He had a tight curly tail. He lived to be 11 years old and my children loved him!

poky.jpg

Lug.jpg

Last edited:
Where to begin,
Willow & Brillo, the Border Collie mixes, rescued from the local Humane Society 6 years ago.
44102_lr_floor_026.jpg

44102_lr_floor_057.jpg

Arrow,, the Shepherd mix, front left, found as a puppy, starving, beat up, & mange, 5 years ago. We didn't think she was going to survive.
44102_pb010006.jpg

Possum, the one eyed weiner dog, rescued from the local Shelter. She was on her last day. That was 4 years ago.
44102_p3070009.jpg

Cricket, the Min-Pin, Adopted & brought back to the Shelter twice, for being too hyper. She's had us laughing for 2 years now.
44102_pb010005a.jpg

Hoss, the Doberman was kept behind a privacy fence that was 10'x20' & a noise neuscance in town. Animal Control called me. He's been our goof-ball for 3 years.
44102_lr_floor_052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom