Post pics of your young rir and black sex links

jadude

Songster
11 Years
May 22, 2008
sc
Could you guys post pictures of your rir and bsl that are young(16 weeks) because they are my favorite breeds and I want to compare them to my own. Also could you tell how old they are
Thanks

Ok, I have a few in sequence of Dorothy, my one and only RIR:
Here she is at 8 weeks
7546_8_weeks.jpg

Here she is at 16 weeks
7546_16_weeks.jpg

Here she is at about 9 months with my son
7546_9_months.jpg

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Great photos Legacyln!!!!!! Loved them, I also have RIR's (14 hens approx. 5 months old and a Roo 2 yrs. of age) Love them and are great egg layers. I'm from Buffalo, Texas.

I also have adult hens (RIR's) 2 yrs. of age. Great breed for what I want, very calm and quiet, not alot of bickering between the girls and a true pleasure to have around.
big_smile.png

The one here is Dorothy and she is the only one I have right now. I do plan to get a few more in the next few years.... I kind of have a special place in my heart for RIRs because it was the first kind of chicken I got when I was a kid. I got a RIR chick that I named Rhoda when I was abuot 10 or so and she was a really sweet hen and always my favorite!

I really like Miss Dorothy. She's not scared of anything. When I come home she leads the charge of all 12 hens over to me to see if I have any treats, it is pretty cute. She is also the most consistent layer. It is really cold up here in Missouri and only Dorothy is still laying every single day.

Back
Top Bottom