post thoughts about sillkies

L*A*G*

Songster
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
planet chicken
hi, I would love to know about when you raised sillkies.
wink.png

I never had sillkies myself but you might talk me into it!
yippiechickie.gif

tell me about their temperment too. pics would be even better.
bun.gif
Please let me know, Larra

Last edited by a moderator:
They will be spoiled and sweet and evil and treat junkies and constant broodies and wanna be mamas and fuzzy and funny and good with young kids and ADDICTING!!!!

muppet4.jpg

muppet_sets.jpg

chickens1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, mine I got by accident. I bought a 'lot' of BTW Japanese chicks, and there were 6 silkie babies in there as well. My son absolutely fell in love with them!! They are very sweet chickens, even though they are ugly
tongue.png
Here are some pics of our 'babies' they are still young, about 3-4 months I think. (they are cute when they're young, they get ugly when they get older!)
PICT0103.jpg

PICT0108.jpg

An adult roo we saw at the sale that DS just had to have!!
sickbyc.gif

PICT0123.jpg

We love or Silkies! If it were up to me that is the only kind of chickens we would have!! But, then again, I love my Sultans, Top hats, Cochins and Japanese Bantams also.....but, silkies have a special place in my heart when they come up and want me to hold them!
Get some, you will not be sorry! Enjoy.........................

I just got 3 adult silkies. I love them and like they way they look. Mine however are FREAKS!! as I found out today when I moved them to a new fenced area. I didn't think I'd ever catch them!!!!
I plan to let them hatch some this spring and I'm sure they'll be friendly. All my OEG that hatched here and very friendly. Can't get them off me half the time...hahaha

Here's my 2 hens and one rooster...

Picture017.jpg

my dauhter loves them, gentle...gentle and more gentle. even the roo is so mellow. I used my buff as a foster mother to my incubated chicks several times over. now tell me of another breed that will mother chicks she didnt hatch?

i love my silkie!..she is so quiet, and sweet..and very gentle!..mine is very sweet!...
love.gif

I've got to get me one but do they get along with RIRS?
Do U have to order them because I never hered of them
until I joined BCY? R their eggs big and layed every day?
Larra

Back
Top Bottom