post your chicken coop pictures here!

I would like to share my coop. I built it last year and this site was most helpful!!! Thank you to everyone who shares through this site. I think my toughest challenge was to figure out where to put the roost in a small coop! I came up with the design you see with an extension to attach the roost to at the clean out door side. It was difficult to find a place away from the nests and then having the clean out door and window I had difficulty finding a place to attach it. Anywho our lil coop houses 4 hens and a rooster, they seem quite happy! Until the rooster got frost bite on his comb from being too close to the vents during cold :(. So I have since lowered the roost. Ventilation was such a huge priority when building and it came back to bite me in the rear. Poor rooster looks so silly now, but is doing good. I have the side above the nests that opens in the summer as well as the window with shutters. I was also thinkin of doing a screened door and replacing clean out door with that in the summer. And oh yes! The last pic is of the coop mobile!! We moved in November and my husband attached these wheels and loaded it up on the trailer and to our new home! Thanks again for everyone here who has offered unlimited advice through these forums!!!

Last edited:
... The last pic is of the coop mobile!! We moved in November and my husband attached these wheels and loaded it up in the trailer and to our new home! Thanks againg for everyone here you had offered unlimited advice through these forums!!!

Really nice looking coop! Bravo! When I first looked at the pictures, was going to ask why 2 "identical" coops; one fixed, one mobile... then read the write up
highfive.gif
Very smart! I'm sure your birds like the set up just fine. Sorry about the frost bit comb... It happens. Mine got bit as well back in Nov during that really cold icy vortex.

I would like to share my coop. I built it last year and this site was most helpful!!! Thank you to everyone who shares through this site. I think my toughest challenge was to figure out where to put the roost in a small coop! I came up with the design you see with an extension to attach the roost to at the clean out door side. It was difficult to find a place away from the nests and then having the clean out door and window I had difficulty finding a place to attach it. Anywho our lil coop houses 4 hens and a rooster, they seem quite happy! Until the rooster got frost bite on his comb from being too close to the vents during cold
sad.png
. So I have since lowered the roost. Ventilation was such a huge priority when building and it came back to bite me in the rear. Poor rooster looks so silly now, but is doing good. I have the side above the nests that opens in the summer as well as the window with shutters. I was also thinkin of doing a screened door and replacing clean out door with that in the summer. And oh yes! The last pic is of the coop mobile!! We moved in November and my husband attached these wheels and loaded it up on the trailer and to our new home! Thanks again for everyone here who has offered unlimited advice through these forums!!!

Nice and functional coop! I never thought of Texas as having trees but your landscape has changed that image for me.

Lol well I will tell you there are no trees here in West Texas! At least I don't call them trees haha. I am from FAR Northern California so short mesquite trees don't look like trees to me. But what you see is an area that used to be a really popular lake just a few years ago, but is now dried up :/

Back
Top Bottom