prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Thanks for the heads up; I would have panicked lol :D

This is where the problem of using other versions comes in. This is why I rely on the good old KJV. There it says thy desire shall be to thy husband. But sure who decided to add the contrary. That's really sad as we should not add Nor take away from God's Word.
I personally find great delight in my husband and find deep security when my hubs takes his place in authority and leadership. Many more people in this world would be so happy and marriages would stay together and families be blessed if they would follow God's plan of 1 man, 1 woman till death! To many have been taught an easy way out and instead of sticking it out they separate or divorce. Most if they would admit it would see they are doing it for their own selfishness and lack of fulfillment. They blame it on the other person because they didn't treat me right etc etc. When So many times of they would totally follow God's will in their own life they would realize they could put up with a lot more and in turn by being what they should be they could help their spouse. The world today is so sinsick and still of divorce but 2 wrongs never makes one right. So I need to focus on my responsibility and stop trying to change my spouse. Only God can do that So I must be sweet, stop nagging and pray, pray, pray.
Ok now I got wordy. And rambly. I just happen to be in a marriage that most would have given up on and they'd never see the wonderful gem my husband is becoming by me giving up myself to God and focusing on my relationship with God instead of trying to change my spouse. My prayer is that my spouse will see Jesus through me and draw into a deep relationship with Him. Many prayers for the hurting marriages! Satan is busy breaking homes and deceiving people into thinking divorce and remarriage is ok in some situations. Let's stand strong for God and truth!

Very very well put :)

Ahhhhh.... That's where part if my problem started though, the "versions"... Here's what the KJV says....

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
1 Peter 3:1‭-‬2 KJV
http://bible.com/1/1pe.3.1-2.KJV

Hmmm... So for 3 years, my poor hubby has been driven completely nutty by my incessant babbling...because to me, in plain old English, conversation means " talking"... It has caused division at times to say the least lol... Nag nag nag, wow no wonder he has a camper to escape to! :p

So here's a different "version".....

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct.
1 Peter 3:1‭-‬2 ESV
http://bible.com/59/1pe.3.1-2.ESV

Oh! Ohhhhh :oops:

I'm serious. That's 2 times already in this little study that I have been flummoxed and I feel, misled, by the Bible that I'd been studying. That's why I use multiple translations now.

But yes, experience has indeed shown me that it was not conversation in the sense that I thought. Evidently, in England, in the 1600s, conversation meant " behavior ".

Only took 3 years to get to that one, sorry hubs! :lau

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all of the prayers. Heavenly Father is amazing...an ongoing process for our Richard.

Poor Richard was in so much pain today. This time, not from the two things he's been having problems with, or the procedure he just had. He said, mom, my whole abdomen hurts..bad! Called an Ambulance. We just can't lift him. They were great. We went later. Here are a couple of conversations I posted on our family group..copied so I don't have to write it all again..

First time we were told this...from a CT scan..they thought...

I have an update...while we were in the hospital they came in and said the first CT showed that he had free fluid in his lower abdomen. Also for some reason he has an air bubble up above his liver. They cannot figure out how in the world that an air bubble got in there. He's had blood tests showing that he has high White blood cell count meaning infection of course. They know that one is another UTI. And, probably his wound. Just got a phone call and second CT showed it looked more like an abscess instead of fluid. He is now in surgery having that abscess removed and also going to go ahead and try and remove the Stone surrounding the inside of his bladder. The nurse said that Richard was pretty excited about this Stone being removed. They still have no idea yet why there is an air Bubble Up by his liver. They are still working on figuring that one out. He also has a blocked bowel. They can't tell if it is kinked or not. His lower intestine looks pretty inflamed. At first they were thinking because of the fluid that they were not sure was. Now I'm assuming they are thinking it's because of the abscess.

Surgery is done. They they got the stone and abscess . They still want him to go see the doctor in Salt Lake City. Still needs the bladder augmentation. They cleaned out the abscess. Said that it has probably been there for a while but having the procedure just pushed it over the top and made it painful for him. Said that the air bubble is what they call a distraction. That it is just the size of the tip of a finger. Nothing to worry about.

Thinking that abscess was pretty infected. They will keep him for 2 or 3 days.

Thank you again for prayers. :)

Thank you so much for all of the prayers.  Heavenly Father is amazing...an ongoing process for our Richard.

Poor Richard was in so much pain today.  This time, not from the two things he's been having problems with, or the procedure he just had.   He said, mom, my whole abdomen hurts..bad!   Called an Ambulance.  We just can't lift him.  They were great.  We went later.  Here are a couple of conversations I posted on our family group..copied so I don't have to write it all again..

First time we were told this...from a CT scan..they thought...

I have an update...while we were in the hospital they came in and said the first CT showed that he had free fluid in his lower abdomen. Also for some reason he has an air bubble up above his liver. They cannot figure out how in the world that an air bubble got in there. He's had blood tests showing that he has high White blood cell count meaning infection of course. They know that one is another UTI. And, probably his wound. Just got a phone call and second CT showed it looked more like an abscess instead of fluid. He is now in surgery having that abscess removed and also going to go ahead and try and remove the Stone surrounding the inside of his bladder. The nurse said that Richard was pretty excited about this Stone being removed. They still have no idea yet why there is an air Bubble Up by his liver. They are still working on figuring that one out. He also has a blocked bowel. They can't tell if it is kinked or not. His lower intestine looks pretty inflamed. At first they were thinking because of the fluid that they were not sure was. Now I'm assuming they are thinking it's because of the abscess.

Surgery is done. They they got the stone and abscess . They still want him to go see the doctor in Salt Lake City. Still needs the bladder augmentation. They cleaned out the abscess. Said that it has probably been there for a while but having the procedure just pushed it over the top and made it painful for him. Said that the air bubble is what they call a distraction. That it is just the size of the tip of a finger. Nothing to worry about.

Thinking that abscess was pretty infected.  They will keep him for 2 or 3 days.

Thank you again for prayers.   :)
MANY PRAYERS!

Quote:
ep.gif
th.gif

You will be able to post. Just post and reply. You just won't see everything there until they are done. :)

Have any of you gone to the backyardherds? It will be like that, and they suggest you go there to get used to the new platform.

https://www.backyardherds.com/

Last edited:
You will be able to post. Just post and reply. You just won't see everything there until they are done. :)

Have any of you gone to the backyardherds? It will be like that, and they suggest you go there to get used to the new platform.

https://www.backyardherds.com/
I’ve gone over there, and signed up, but I can tell you now, im doomed. I can barely work BYH out, let alone BYC changing to that platform

Back
Top Bottom