prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

questions: Judging???

is the meaning of verse one quoted by itself different from the meaning that we understand when we quote the entire passage below?

Do I have an obligation to help my brother remove the speck?

Who is my "brother"?

Do I have the same "obligation" when the person is not a brother?

Matthew 7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

7:1 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

referring to the above questions on Matthew 7

Jesus is speaking.
I think that Brothers refers to believers, those that are "born again".
We must judge to decide who are born again and who are not.
We do not need to judge non brothers because we know that all people sin and they are making no attempt at reflecting Jesus righteousness and love.
Brothers want to bring others to heaven so.....we clean up our own behavior and then help our brothers. We can not even begin to clean up our own behavior without judging.

question 1: all five verses are one thought and topic, if we stop at the end of verse one we miss the point. All day every day I am judging, I won't be alive tomorrow or go to heaven if I do not constantly discern right from wrong, good from bad, and truth from lies.

question 2: Yes, we have an obligation to help our brothers.

Question 3: brothers are followers of Jesus who are born again

question 4: we do not point out sins to non-believers, shining the light on the sins of non-brothers is God's job

Happy Sunday to all.
I got to wash my hair today, first time to feel clean since the Cochlear Implant operation last Tuesday. "pressure" sensation is lessening, headache is better..........
stay tuned to this channel for updates, now a word from our sponsor.

Wanting to talk about love. I .. love .. the subject. :) Too much going on around us. We are all children of God here on Earth. He loves us all. And yes, He is the only one that can..and will judge someday.

Matthew 22:36-40King James Version (KJV)
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Mark concludes the account with the Savior’s statement...
There is none other commandment greater than these.

Love is the very essence of His gospel, and Jesus Christ is our Example. His life was a legacy of love. The sick He healed, the downtrodden He lifted, the sinner He saved. At the end the angry mob took His life. And yet...from Golgotha’s hill the words came... Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do..the most profound expression in mortality of compassion and love.

There are many ways in which we can show our love, such as kindness, patience, selflessness, understanding, and forgiveness. In all our associations, these and other ways of showing love will help show the love in our hearts.

Some of our greatest opportunities to demonstrate our love will be within the walls of our own homes. Love should be the very heart of family life, and yet sometimes it isn't. There can be too much impatience, too much arguing, too many fights, too many tears. Why is it that the very ones we love the most..often become so frequently the targets of our harsh words? Why is it that we sometimes speak the the worst unimaginable things to our loved ones? The answers to these questions may be different for each of us, and yet the bottom line is that the reasons do not matter. If we would keep the commandment to love one another, we must treat each other with kindness and respect. I'm not saying this happens in all families. Of course not, but sadly, it happens, and sometimes it happens often. None of us are perfect. We will have some bad days.
We can always try to be considerate and to be sensitive to the thoughts and feelings and circumstances of those around us. We shouldn't demean or belittle. . let us be compassionate and encouraging. We must be careful that we do not destroy another person’s confidence through careless words or actions.
Try and find something kind to say to our loved ones each and every day. In a store..other places.. smile at others. They may have needed just that!

Forgiveness should go hand in hand with love. In our families, as well as with our friends, there can be hurt feelings and disagreements. Again, it doesn’t really matter how small the issue was. It shouldn't be left to fester, and ultimately to destroy. Blame keeps wounds open. Only forgiveness heals.
Love can be expressed in so many different ways! A smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment. Other expressions may be more subtle, like showing interest in another’s activities, teaching a principle with kindness and patience, visiting one who is ill or homebound. These words and actions and many others can communicate love. Soo many other ways.
Let's try to express love to all of God’s children, whether they be our family members, our friends, mere acquaintances, or total strangers. As we get up each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.

Beyond comprehension... is the love of God for us. Because of this love, He sent His Son, who loved us enough to give His life for us. As we come to understand this incomparable gift, our hearts will be filled with love for our Eternal Father, for our Savior, and for all mankind.

Unconditional love. Not an easy thing to have, to show. I believe that as long as we are trying. Making each day better, counts. Love one Another.

My Dear Shortgrass,
I just love reading your posts... they always lift my spirits.

This one leaves me struggling.

As a very "shy" person I was led to open a retail shop (an art gallery). I was overwhelmed, grateful and blessed to have strangers love (and purchase) my art. Despite the displeasure of my landlord I created many, many Christian paintings (along with many secular paintings). After six years of being in the public eye (24/7) I used my platform to minister to many people. In November I started to get burned out. For the past several months I have been spending most of my time on our farm. My outstanding staff have kept the gallery running smoothly (better than I did). I have loved (and been relieved) of my time away from people and with my farm animals. I'm so exhausted from having to be "on" and entertain people in my gallery. When people come to our B&B it's a very limited entertainment commitment (which I love). Should I feel guilty that I am not at my gallery ministering to customers and local town folk? Is God simply leading me to a different type of ministry? I want to use my gift as God intends. Am I being selfish, or could something be around the corner that I am just not seeing yet?

If you read this... I would really value your thoughts.
As always,
Love & Blessings,
Amy S
Nothing wrong with needing a break. As long as your staff is running the gallery and doing a good job, that will give you some time to reflect and see how the Lord is leading you. You could still be ministering to the folks who come to your B&B, if nothing else but by letting the Lord's Light shine through you. I am going thru the same thing with my business. It is an RV Park and it is a 24/7 deal and I am burned out. My husband is now in the hospital after breaking one of his hips that had been replaced years ago. He has other physical issues that will cause problems with his recovery. It will take awhile. I just hired a lady that is going to help me get caught up on all the business paper work and maybe work after that to give me some time off. We also have a cat rescue and I have my chickens. Those are the things I love doing. Now I need to take some time to reflect and see how the Lord wants to lead me too. Prayers for you!

Judging: It was pointed out to me within the last year that the commands of the Bible are for believers, not for the unsaved. The scriptures can point the unsaved person to salvation. But, the unbeliever does not have a covenant with God. Just as I can not walk into my neighbor's house and start correcting their children, telling my neighbor what to feed his children, what his children should wear, or what kind of music they should listen to, or what TV programs they should watch, we as believers can not tell the unbeliever how to live. Our code of ethics as a Christian are irrevelant to the non believer. That does not mean that we should not try to encourage folks to make the right choices. But, it boils down to the fact that Jesus must come first.

1 Peter 3:15 NAS
13 Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

During my brief attempt at "giving an account for the hope" I found that my target audience would respond better if they saw my wife and I serve them (work). They were spelling love "work", I was attending a lecture and found out that our children spell love "time". One of the sermons by our assistant pastor related an experience where he figured out that his wife learned of his love for her when he was cleaning the toilet "serve".

1 Corinthians 13:1

[ The Excellence of Love ] If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3:15 NAS
13 Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

During my brief attempt at "giving an account for the hope" I found that my target audience would respond better if they saw my wife and I serve them (work). They were spelling love "work", I was attending a lecture and found out that our children spell love "time". One of the sermons by our assistant pastor related an experience where he figured out that his wife learned of his love for her when he was cleaning the toilet "serve".

1 Corinthians 13:1

[ The Excellence of Love ] If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

I've discovered that fairly recently... I can babble and preach all I want butbit goes in one ear and out the other. The ONLY way to truly show others what Jesus is all about is in our SERVICE. Not the service of me shooting my mouth off, but the service of lifting a hand and a prayer for those around me, believer or not.

On the subject of " judging". I REFUSE to judge others. Believer or not. I can correct my children or my husband or my brothers and sisters, but in no way shape or form will I judge others. I do not know their situation, and until I do, I don't even know if they're believers unless I actually ask. Because I've also discovered recently, that even mature believers still struggle with sin, and I'm not about to turn away a new, or mature believer by being snooty and condescending and judging someone for their choices when I've made some of the worst decisions in my life as a believer.

Just my opinion. My calling is not to judge, mine is to comfort. It's just the way I was made ;)

Someone else can do the judging, I opt out :p

661b038102a4e3d83698c14d8c32a3e4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom