prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

how about this verse:

Matthew 24:5

For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Here is a flip side verse where the world seems to be judging Christians:

Matthew 5:11-13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Well the first verse you quoted...I thinknof people like David Koresh, Charles Manson etc...maybe even Mohammed I suppose, but I hope that wasn't too offensive; I honestly don't know much about that there....anyway, a "Christ" to say...a Jewish person, they don't believe it's Jesus. A "Christ" to them could be "Bob"... I'm sorry lol, I can't quite put my thoughts in words :p.... " Messiah", "Christ".... Jesus is coming back anyway, but only a trye believer isn't going to go trotting after David Koresh... I just believe the holy spirit would let us know something was " hinky"....

On the second one...persecution vs judgement? Judgment is based on belief of righteousness and unity, persecution is based on contradiction and dissolution ...there's a difference lol ;)

Definition of persecution
  1. 1: the act or practice ofpersecuting especially those who differ in origin, religion, or social outlook

2. 2: the condition of beingpersecuted, harassed, or annoyed

Hey everyone. I apologize for my absence. Just been very busy and haven't had time to figure out the new BYC. I missed you all and hope you're all doing great :hugs

Here's what I've been up to lately.

I got a job at a restaurant as a service assistant ( I wash dishes and take out trash ) It's pretty good for the most part. My co-worker is really happy with my work and he tells the managers how well I'm doing so that's pretty good. Just about everyone there smokes though. Doesn't bother me too much except that 42,000 people die a year from SECOND HAND SMOKE!!!!!! They also play really bad rap when we work :/ Just have to push through though and stay strong.

My brother and I are writing our own show. :p It's called Vicci & Arken (pronounced Vee-Chee) So that's been really really fun. It's about 2 alliances at war, and both of the alliances are made up of clans. So its about the Vicci and Arken clan. We're going to make both sides have really good ideals and view points so there's no good, bad, right, or wrong and the person watching the show can decide who they think is right.

I'm getting pretty close to finishing the 11th grade. So that's good. My parents are having my younger sister and I take some college courses at the local community college this summer. I'm really scared I'm going to fail all my classes :( . I think I'm taking an algebra, English, and welding class. I'm really nervous about the whole thing.

Lately Flint has gotten pretty sick. He doesn't crow anymore. All he does is lay in the coop and preen himself. He looks really pale. I'm going to give him a bath today or tomorrow and if he has any flees or mites or lice it will get rid of them. He was doing better the past few days but now he looks way worse :hit Please pray for him. He's a really great cockerel and I know he can make it through whatever this is.

Last thing. About 2 weeks ago my Buff Brahma Annika went broody. She's laying on 5 eggs. I candled them all and 2 are looking really well.

That's all from me. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

God bless

it seems to me that in the case of the verse below, God is encouraging us to judge "truth from lies" because false teachers exist !!! please read your Bible.

For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Hey everyone. I apologize for my absence. Just been very busy and haven't had time to figure out the new BYC. I missed you all and hope you're all doing great :hugs

I got a job at a restaurant as a service assistant ( I wash dishes and take out trash ) It's pretty good for the most part. My co-worker is really happy with my work and he tells the managers how well I'm doing so that's pretty good. Just about everyone there smokes though. Doesn't bother me too much except that 42,000 people die a year from SECOND HAND SMOKE!!!!!! They also play really bad rap when we work :/ Just have to push through though and stay strong.

My brother and I are writing our own show. :p It's called Vicci & Arken (pronounced Vee-Chee) So that's been really really fun. It's about 2 alliances at war, and both of the alliances are made up of clans. So its about the Vicci and Arken clan. We're going to make both sides have really good ideals and view points so there's no good, bad, right, or wrong and the person watching the show can decide who they think is right.

I'm getting pretty close to finishing the 11th grade. So that's good. My parents are having my younger sister and I take some college courses at the local community college this summer. I'm really scared I'm going to fail all my classes :( . I think I'm taking an algebra, English, and welding class. I'm really nervous about the whole thing.

Lately Flint has gotten pretty sick. He doesn't crow anymore. All he does is lay in the coop and preen himself. He looks really pale. I'm going to give him a bath today or tomorrow and if he has any flees or mites or lice it will get rid of them. He was doing better the past few days but now he looks way worse :hit Please pray for him. He's a really great cockerel and I know he can make it through whatever this is.

Last thing. About 2 weeks ago my Buff Brahma Annika went broody. She's laying on 5 eggs. I candled them all and 2 are looking really well.

God bless

Wow, Jake you've been busy! Will keep you in my prayers for all your new endeavors and sick cockerel!

it seems to me that in the case of the verse below, God is encouraging us to judge "truth from lies" because false teachers exist !!! please read your Bible.

Ah...see, I thought we were talking about judging others, period, not judging their words or actions... Difference there, too!

Just had the perfect example plop into my lap....you guys remember the ex? The bad guy that I blocked from seeing his own children based on an anger issue and drug abuse? Well, let me remind you that I'm a recovering alcoholic that lost my kids to the state, twice. I Barred this man from seeing his children because I THOUGHT he was an unbeliever. Just found out this morning that he had been baptized before we got married...20 years ago. And don't ask how people are married 15 years without even asking if their spouse was baptized. He was Baptist, i was Lutheran. End of story. We never discussed it. Anyway...So this whole time, I judged and hung that poor man, not to mention kept my two little girls from seeing g their daddy, based on a false judgement.

It was ME who was sinning in my hypocrisy and ignorance. So...obviously I'm not a very good "judge" of character, either, now am I? ;)

Yeah but to be fair, he was a drug addict or dealer at the time was he not? So he wasn't a very good example of a religious person and you never would have known. So i mean at the time, he probably was a bad influence on them, but now he seems to have changed

Jake, good to hear from you. Congrats on the job. Sounds like things are going well for you... all except for your roo. Will pray for you. As for those college courses: don't sweat it. You'll do fine. I have a feeling your parents wouldn't have signed you up for them if they didn't think you could do the work. And, it'll give you a huge head start when you start college. To be honest, I did not find my college courses (at least the basics) to be any different than the high school courses I took.

God bless

JAKE!!!! :wee :wee :ya :celebrate

I'm so happy that you're enjoying your job. :hugs Just try to be a shining light for Christ, and don't let their ways sway your faith. ;) "be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might"

Mom and dad are putting me and the rest of the sibs in public school this fall. So i can kinda relate, a little bit. :lol:

At least Flint is preening himself. If he has enough energy to do that,he'll probably get over whatever he's dealing with. :fl

We miss you Jake! Stay busy. ;)

God bless
Praying for little Flint!

Back
Top Bottom