prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

"And he said unto me, My is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

And only through Christ I am strong, trust in Him no matter how much it hurts, *He is our rock and our shield. <3

(Psalm 18:2)

"But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. And
above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the
multitude of sins. Use hospitality one to another without grudging. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

1 Peter 4:7-11 (kjv)

Hi
Glad to see this thread on BYC
Looking for prayer for my kids... None are saved and yet all were brought up in a Christian home.
We have two disabled sons. One is severely disabled and the other brain injured. The severely disabled boy is in a hospital unit right now for socially and behaviourally challenged he is in his 30s and has been there a year. We could not have him home for Christmas as he was too difficult. The other boy is doing fine with a young family now but is not following the lord and still finds life with a brain injury challenging. Our Daughter is wonderful and a lovely girl also with her own family now but again not following the lord. Our eldest son is totally bitter towards us - he tells us he is an atheist and he has a new partner and baby but we were not allowed to drop her Christmas gifts off and instead got a lot of spite from our son... It is terribly upsetting. We are told that he does not see us as parents but rather his equal? So he gives us no parental respect at all. He has cut himself off from the entire family pretty much. He is very very anti Christian faith and will attack our beliefs at any opportunity. When he was growing up he was always interested in god and faith and the church but now just sees it as something to get at us over? I know it has been hard for him with two disabled brothers but it is hard for us too. He constantly tells us how bad we are at parenting him and yet he cannot see how now in his 30s he is not a very nice son to us as he wont even ask after his disabled brother in the hospital and has totally ignored him for years? I am trying to put this in Gods hands as every time we try to connect in our own strength we end up with a tirade of bitter spite and nasty comments... So if you could pray for our kids we would be very grateful Oes x

Oes, you are in a tough place. Continue to lift your bitter son in prayer, and love him in spite of himself.
We will pray for you and your husband and your kids in your difficult family situation. Your children have been shown Jesus. I pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to work in their hearts.

15 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

2 The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.

3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

4 The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit.

5 A fool spurns a parent's discipline, but whoever heeds correction shows prudence.

6 The house of the righteous contains great treasure, but the income of the wicked brings ruin.

7 The lips of the wise spread knowledge, but the hearts of fools are not upright.

8 The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him.

9 The Lord detests the way of the wicked, but he loves those who pursue righteousness.

10 Stern discipline awaits anyone who leaves the path; the one who hates correction will die.

11 Death and Destruction[1] lie open before the Lord- how much more do human hearts!

12 Mockers resent correction, so they avoid the wise.

13 A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.

14 The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.

15 All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.

16 Better a little with the fear of the Lordthan great wealth with turmoil. 17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred.

18 A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.

19 The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway.

20 A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish man despises his mother.

21 Folly brings joy to one who has no sense, but whoever has understanding keeps a straight course.

22 Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

23 A person finds joy in giving an apt reply- and how good is a timely word!

24 The path of life leads upward for the prudent to keep them from going down to the realm of the dead.

25 The Lord tears down the house of the proud, but he sets the widow's boundary stones in place.

26 The Lord detests the thoughts of the wicked, but gracious words are pure in his sight.

27 The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live.

28 The heart of the righteous weighs its answers, but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil.

29 The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

30 Light in a messenger's eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.

31 Whoever heeds life-giving correction will be at home among the wise.

32 Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but the one who heeds correction gains understanding.

33 Wisdom's instruction is to fear the Lord, and humility comes before honor.

Hi
Glad to see this thread on BYC
Looking for prayer for my kids... None are saved and yet all were brought up in a Christian home.
We have two disabled sons. One is severely disabled and the other brain injured. The severely disabled boy is in a hospital unit right now for socially and behaviourally challenged he is in his 30s and has been there a year. We could not have him home for Christmas as he was too difficult. The other boy is doing fine with a young family now but is not following the lord and still finds life with a brain injury challenging. Our Daughter is wonderful and a lovely girl also with her own family now but again not following the lord. Our eldest son is totally bitter towards us - he tells us he is an atheist and he has a new partner and baby but we were not allowed to drop her Christmas gifts off and instead got a lot of spite from our son... It is terribly upsetting. We are told that he does not see us as parents but rather his equal? So he gives us no parental respect at all. He has cut himself off from the entire family pretty much. He is very very anti Christian faith and will attack our beliefs at any opportunity. When he was growing up he was always interested in god and faith and the church but now just sees it as something to get at us over? I know it has been hard for him with two disabled brothers but it is hard for us too. He constantly tells us how bad we are at parenting him and yet he cannot see how now in his 30s he is not a very nice son to us as he wont even ask after his disabled brother in the hospital and has totally ignored him for years? I am trying to put this in Gods hands as every time we try to connect in our own strength we end up with a tirade of bitter spite and nasty comments... So if you could pray for our kids we would be very grateful Oes x
My wife and I have had similar problems. I will pray for you and yours now.

Back
Top Bottom