prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hi
Glad to see this thread on BYC
Looking for prayer for my kids... None are saved and yet all were brought up in a Christian home.
We have two disabled sons. One is severely disabled and the other brain injured. The severely disabled boy is in a hospital unit right now for socially and behaviourally challenged he is in his 30s and has been there a year. We could not have him home for Christmas as he was too difficult. The other boy is doing fine with a young family now but is not following the lord and still finds life with a brain injury challenging. Our Daughter is wonderful and a lovely girl also with her own family now but again not following the lord. Our eldest son is totally bitter towards us - he tells us he is an atheist and he has a new partner and baby but we were not allowed to drop her Christmas gifts off and instead got a lot of spite from our son... It is terribly upsetting. We are told that he does not see us as parents but rather his equal? So he gives us no parental respect at all. He has cut himself off from the entire family pretty much. He is very very anti Christian faith and will attack our beliefs at any opportunity. When he was growing up he was always interested in god and faith and the church but now just sees it as something to get at us over? I know it has been hard for him with two disabled brothers but it is hard for us too. He constantly tells us how bad we are at parenting him and yet he cannot see how now in his 30s he is not a very nice son to us as he wont even ask after his disabled brother in the hospital and has totally ignored him for years? I am trying to put this in Gods hands as every time we try to connect in our own strength we end up with a tirade of bitter spite and nasty comments... So if you could pray for our kids we would be very grateful Oes x

Praying

Seems kind of stupid compared to a lot of things but can someone please pray for my anxiety to calm down/go away. I've also eaten almost only sugar and haven't slept much lately though which I think might affect or cause it? But yeah.

I've also eaten almost only sugar and haven't slept much lately though which I think might affect or cause it?
Yes eating nothing much - just mostly suger will do that as it gives you an artificial high... It is not good for your body and it doesn't help your heart as it will charge faster and faster in your chest - I guess it is a bit like running your car at full speed all of the time!!!!
You need to think carefully of the things you are putting into your body(Tank!) - fill your body with good healthy food and it will respond in a possitive way... Your body is out of balance and that is why you cannot sleep... Yes indeed will pray that you can start to manage this and get a better diet and better control of your body and your sleep patern.. Of course! Eating sugar to comfort your anxiety is just like fighting a fire by heaping fuel onto it!!!!! I DO THIS TOO!!!!! It is a struggle to keep good care of ourselves especially at this time of year! IF you are able try to find someone you can talk to about your worries and concerns. Someone you can trust...IT is better than chocolate honest!!!!! And remember God is there and is able to listen to you. He is interested in your cares!!!!
God commands us to look after our bodies.
New International Version I cor 6v19
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
New International Version 1 Peter 5v7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Will be praying oes x

Yes eating nothing much - just mostly suger will do that as it gives you an artificial high... It is not good for your body and it doesn't help your heart as it will charge faster and faster in your chest - I guess it is a bit like running your car at full speed all of the time!!!!
You need to think carefully of the things you are putting into your body(Tank!) - fill your body with good healthy food and it will respond in a possitive way... Your body is out of balance and that is why you cannot sleep... Yes indeed will pray that you can start to manage this and get a better diet and better control of your body and your sleep patern.. Of course! Eating sugar to comfort your anxiety is just like fighting a fire by heaping fuel onto it!!!!! I DO THIS TOO!!!!! It is a struggle to keep good care of ourselves especially at this time of year! IF you are able try to find someone you can talk to about your worries and concerns. Someone you can trust...IT is better than chocolate honest!!!!! And remember God is there and is able to listen to you. He is interested in your cares!!!!
God commands us to look after our bodies.
New International Version I cor 6v19
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
New International Version 1 Peter 5v7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Will be praying oes x

Thank you, that makes sense!

I do tend to eat junk or go off when i get nervous or stressed or whatever but also I just tend to eat it if it's here. Like for instance, we had cookie dough so made cookies and I ate a lot of them. And we cleaned out the cabinet and found lots of baking mixes so I made brownies and a cake. That was my own fault, I was in a baking mood for some reason and made both in one day. Which would have been fine except I ate most of it by myself.

And also i tend to wake up latw and onky eat one or two meals thsn a lot of snacks and sugar and stuff.

Also sorry if i wasnt clear, i actually can get to sleep perfectly fine. I just usually stay up till 2 or 3, sometimes 4 or even 6 the other night, watching tv or on my phone, then sleep in/wake up really late, then stay up again cause i woke up so late etc.

And i want to eat better but then i am also lazy and it's hard to eat healthy and/or make something instead of just grabbing junk. Plus i am also kind of a perfectionist and want to follow specific diets exactly or not do anything which is probably worse....

Back
Top Bottom