prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I think you are saying that Jesus can protect you, is that right? And that He can give you strength to stand up against your abusers. And yes, that's right. You understand more than you think you do. :hugs

Hi! It’s wonderful that are so compassionate! It takes great courage to be willing to walk through someone’s pain with them. And you are right, not many people are like that.

It’s one of the things I love the most about JESUS. He is always lifting people up and giving them worth and value.
But perhaps you are missing something? Please don‘t take this wrong, I only say this with love. I see that you have a caring heart and I admire that.

But let’s say there is a celebrity that you really admire. ( Can you think of one? 🙂) You listen to all he/she music or watch all he/she movies. Anytime there is a news update about he/she you stop to pay attention. If he/she go through a tragedy you are sad for them. If he/she has a success you celebrate with them.

And then one day, you see that celebrity walking towards you! You‘d probably be very excited right? ( I know I would😄)
So you go up to him/her and introduce yourself. What would you say? Perhaps you would tell him/her how much you admire his/her music or movies. That they inspire you. Maybe you’d ask him/her some questions about things you heard on the news.

For us, this meeting would be amazing! Something we would tell all our friends about and we would always remember.
But what do you think a celebrity feels like when someone comes up to them? Talking to them like we know them. Do you think they know us? Besides our names they wouldn’t know anything about us. And truthfully we don’t know anything about the celebrities we admire. We never eat dinner with them or see what they are like at home with their families. We just see what is put out on the media.

But what if we could be friends with our favorite celebrity? What if we could call each other or eat a meal together? What do you think that celebrity would do if him/her saw you walking towards him/her then? He/she would probably be just as excited to see you as you are to see him/her.

That’s the way it is with JESUS. We can say we know JESUS and do things for JESUS. But unless we ask Him to forgive our sins and come live in our hearts there is no way JESUS can know us. JESUS longs to know us as friends. He wants to know everything about you. But He won’t untill we ask Him. When we repent of our sins and ask JESUS to be a part of our lives we give Him the best gift we could ever give. And I promise you it’s by far the most valuable treasure ever when JESUS comes into your heart and gives you life!

If you’d be willing check out these Bible verses and let us know what you think of them, John chapter 3 and Luke chapter 13 verses 22-30
We love you and are praying for you!

It is truly wonderful to see other Christians, to read and hear about how faithful they are. The world is a crazy place, and Christians aren't exactly a majority... I sometimes wonder if some of the atheists that I know think that I'm a bit crazy for believing in the Holy Trinity.
Probably some. I'm a bit worried that, eventually, people like us will be rejected even here in America.
But seeing people like you chooks and ducks, believing so strongly and openly, really helps to remind me that Christianity will never die out. Satan can try as hard as he wants to, but there will always be believers.
And that really does help. I'm not the perfect Christian, not even close, but I try to be thankful and to remind myself when I'm worried that God is there, watching over me.
God bless you all with strength and faith.

It is truly wonderful to see other Christians, to read and hear about how faithful they are. The world is a crazy place, and Christians aren't exactly a majority... I sometimes wonder if some of the atheists that I know think that I'm a bit crazy for believing in the Holy Trinity.
Probably some. I'm a bit worried that, eventually, people like us will be rejected even here in America.
But seeing people like you chooks and ducks, believing so strongly and openly, really helps to remind me that Christianity will never die out. Satan can try as hard as he wants to, but there will always be believers.
And that really does help. I'm not the perfect Christian, not even close, but I try to be thankful and to remind myself when I'm worried that God is there, watching over me.
Amen! I’ve been on BYC for 2.5+- years I only found this part of the forum about a month or so ago. It just made me feel even more that I’m on the right site.

Thanks, @Sapphire Sebright , it's nice to find fellowship here with other Christians! :hugs My family is choosing not to attend services yet because we just don't feel safe in groups, but we do miss the fellowship, so this thread is really special to me as we "meet" and share our love for Jesus and our experiences. You said you are not a perfect Christian, and that really kinda made me smile because I am not sure what that is. Jesus is perfect, I know that. I know I want to be like Him. And I know I'm a looooong way away from that! I lose my cool, I yell at my kids, and sometimes words pop out of my mouth I wish I could take back. But the good news is, it isn't my perfect behavior that God is going to look at to determine whether I make it into His kingdom. It's going to be my perfect dependence on Jesus Christ that's going to save me. And every time I mess up, every time I fail Him, every time I fall short, is another reminder of how very much I do need to depend on Him! Every failure drives me to my knees and into His arms with the cry, Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner. And praise Him, He lifts me up, He accepts me, He forgives me, He washes me clean, every... single... time! His mercy is everlasting! Hallelujah!

Thanks, @Sapphire Sebright , it's nice to find fellowship here with other Christians! :hugs My family is choosing not to attend services yet because we just don't feel safe in groups, but we do miss the fellowship, so this thread is really special to me as we "meet" and share our love for Jesus and our experiences. You said you are not a perfect Christian, and that really kinda made me smile because I am not sure what that is. Jesus is perfect, I know that. I know I want to be like Him. And I know I'm a looooong way away from that! I lose my cool, I yell at my kids, and sometimes words pop out of my mouth I wish I could take back. But the good news is, it isn't my perfect behavior that God is going to look at to determine whether I make it into His kingdom. It's going to be my perfect dependence on Jesus Christ that's going to save me. And every time I mess up, every time I fail Him, every time I fall short, is another reminder of how very much I do need to depend on Him! Every failure drives me to my knees and into His arms with the cry, Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner. And praise Him, He lifts me up, He accepts me, He forgives me, He washes me clean, every... single... time! His mercy is everlasting! Hallelujah!
My family has turned to the TBN channel for church services and we even have it on our phones. We’ve enjoyed turning it on weekdays, a wonderful way to start the day and learn from some great teachers. I like listening to most of them as I go through my chores but I’m partial to Pastor Robert Morris and will take my lunch as I stop to watch him. My daughter and I talk about the sermons. So between that and this thread I am filled with God’s blessings.

Back
Top Bottom