Prayers for our SANITY!!!

oh dear, he sounds like a gooseball
lol.png

sounds like a happy kid. my girls (4 and 5) still think that both legs in one side is hilarious. sometimes they'll do it in their pjs, and then swim like a mermaid on the floor....

This may sound counter intuitive, and if it does not work for you then you never have to try it again and it won't break the bank.
I know a lot of public school teachers who are friends of mine. I have heard this many times from the ones that I trust the most. There is an apparent disconnect between the mind and the body. Mind moves slow the body works fast without the apparent use of the brain. Some kids are the other way, they seem asleep physically but their mind keeps changing channels.
So, this is the counter intuitive part, to speed up the body to match the brain, or to speed up the brain to match the body ...mountain dew and a few Hersey kisses. I KNOW! but apparently it is the double negative thing and it works.
I have the kid who can not focus on school because the brain keeps flickering to another thought, but he looks 3/4 asleep all of the time. He gets a claritin and a mountain dew each morning and it is night and day.

The teacher friends usually have the hyperactive attention deficit kids. They swore that if when they gave the kid his mountain dew, that if it got worse they would walk out and never return; but they say it works. They see it.

I hate the corn syrup and the dye. I will figure out how to make my own one day- I am not ready to give him coffee with sugar yet
roll.png
but just make sure the teeth get brushed after wards.

Good luck to you.

From what I've read, caffeine has the opposite effect in HD/AD kids, just as Ritalin does. Remember, Ritalin and most of the other drugs used for this disorder are stimulants, related to the amphetamines. For some reason, in these kids, stimulants bring them into focus and help in calming them down. Coffee was the original "treatment" for hyperactivity. You might want to research this a bit.

Sounds like he might be testing you to see if you'll still love him the same no matter what he does - so hopefully, this too shall pass, or a least temper itself a little in time.
smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
Problem with that is, we are not his guardians, nor parents. He has never seen a doctor and has never had any immunizations. We are filing for guardianship so we can GET him to a doctor to be evaluated and get his shots started. We are pretty much stuck where we are right now. I have the papers for guardianship - what a load of crap!!!! The State of California is nuts.

Back
Top Bottom