Pregnant dog??

Pics
Update:
I’ve read everything you guys have said but I can’t kill the unborn puppies. I trust that God will help me through all this. She is now shedding on her stomach and I can feel kicks. Based on what I’ve read, she will have them in 2 weeks or less. There will be someone home with Duchess 24/7. I’m currently making a welping box for her and have scheduled an x-ray. I’m not worried about the cost of raising them and I’m ready for her to give birth. I already know some people to give the pups to.
68397E5E-C2C2-4832-B11D-744BBEB27454.jpeg

Update:
I’ve read everything you guys have said but I can’t kill the unborn puppies. I trust that God will help me through all this. She is now shedding on her stomach and I can feel kicks. Based on what I’ve read, she will have them in 2 weeks or less. There will be someone home with Duchess 24/7. I’m currently making a welping box for her and have scheduled an x-ray. I’m not worried about the cost of raising them and I’m ready for her to give birth. I already know some people to give the pups to.
View attachment 2695963
Please, listen to me.

The vet is going to recommend an abort-spay.

God can do many things, but even He can't keep your dog from bleeding to death when those puppies rip their way out. She's just too young to have them. It's going to be an extremely difficult and painful birth for her, and letting her go through with it simply because you want puppies is incredibly selfish. Don't give God a reason to teach you a lesson in selflessness. For the sake of your dog, please, get her spayed.

You won't be killing unborn puppies. At this point, they can't survive without their mother. Letting your dog go through with this pregnancy will be killing her.

Please, listen to me.

The vet is going to recommend an abort-spay.

God can do many things, but even He can't keep your dog from bleeding to death when those puppies rip their way out. She's just too young to have them. It's going to be an extremely difficult and painful birth for her, and letting her go through with it simply because you want puppies is incredibly selfish. Don't give God a reason to teach you a lesson in selflessness. For the sake of your dog, please, get her spayed.

You won't be killing unborn puppies. At this point, they can't survive without their mother. Letting your dog go through with this pregnancy will be killing her.
Thanks for giving the truth. We aren't trying to cause negative effects on your dog but... it's the truth...

I know I’m new to this conversation but I totally agree with you @FarmerGirl1010 those pups deserve a chance at life and if you think you can give them a good chance go for it! Be warned though, what the other folks are saying is very true. But if you have people to give the puppies to then for sure try it. You just have to be ready for anything since she is so young. Good luck and I hope God blesses you on this journey.:hugs
Also btw she is such a large breed she should be ok during the birth. I’d she she should do fine

Last edited:
They are will each other 24/7
They aren’t fixed. I was going to do that when they got a little bit older.
I will probably get them fixed after the puppies and I might keep one.
Duke would jump on her and knock her down constantly
What made you think you could keep two unfixed dogs of opposite sexes together? You just can’t. You should honestly have realized that already. I don’t wish to be rude, sorry if I came off that way, but PLEASE do not make this mistake again. It’s absolutely going to end in puppies and this world does not need more.

Um..... I'm going to say that I was in a similar situation as OP, many, many years ago. I planned to spay my dog at six months and she got pregnant at four or five months. I was shocked to say the least. I practically never let her out into our fenced city yard unattended for a good three weeks. I never saw a male dog around. Well, surprise! She whelped six puppies if I remember correctly. They all ended up at the local shelter. But she certainly did not bleed to death! Nature does what nature does. Yes, it probably was not good for her, as she was not fully mature. It may have pulled calcium from her bones. But you guys are fear-mongering to say this dog is going to die.

To OP: please follow your heart. Confer with your vet as to how to keep mother and pups healthy and strong. I'm sure you'll all be fine. And please, as soon as your vet recommends, do spay your dear girl.

Back
Top Bottom