Pullet or cockerel?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by doublebow, Sep 17, 2009.

1. doublebow

doublebow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    These two were hatched out around the last week of July. At first I thought both were cockerel but now I am not so sure. As they have matured one is looking girly.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The first one is the one I think might be a pullet. And the second one is her hatch-mate.

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    The first one looks like a pullet to me. The second may be a roo but not sure.

3. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

still early... but I'd say pullet and feel pretty confident in that choice. [​IMG]

4. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

agrees its a lil early they could change, but as of right now I say Pullet in the first pic and roo in the second

5. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    First girl, second boy.

6. doublebow

Aug 13, 2009
    Thank y'all so much for the replies. I do hope this a pullet. It is a RIR/BO cross and as sweet as can be!

7. animal_lover03

animal_lover03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    First pullet, second roo, but as they get older post more pics so we can tell more easily.

8. doublebow

Aug 13, 2009
    I will post more as they mature. I had posted about this one before and was pretty convinced it was a boy. The one in the second pic, well, I should have shown a body shot. His legs are huge and he is way bigger than the others and just carries himself differently.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by