Question about lump on dog (Another update 12/26) Maybe good ending!

fl.gif

We should have news by tonight! If so, I will be taking her tomorrow and she will hang with me in my apartment until my uncle gets her on Sunday. They desperately need the space at the rescue for another dog.

Still no word on what the lump is. Apparently they haven't sent it for biopsy yet and we won't hear back for a week.
hmm.png

They asked if my uncle would like to foster her until we hear results. Now things become complicated. I will feel so bad if this turns out to be more than just a fatty lump, because he will want to bring her back. I feel like it would have been easier just to find him a different dog that didn't have issues, but at the same time, I also feel like she is worth it. She is such a very, very sweet dog.

I really wish I was in the position to adopt her if her test results didn't come back so good.

Ugh, why do simple things have to turn out to be so complicated? Please continue to keep your fingers crossed for her! At the very least, she will get to spend time with a family in a quiet place where she can heal.

Quote:
A few years back I noticed the same kind of lump you are describing on my Diesel boy. I was worried, and so I took him to the vet to have it checked. The vet told me that since the lump was smoth, round, and moveable, she wasn't inclined to be concerned, although she would biopsy just to be 100% sure. She did not remove it, only did a needle biopsy. She called it even before the results were back from the lab, and she was right, it was a harmless lipoma.

My guess is you're dealing with the same thing with your rescue girl. Good luck, I will send prayers for a happy ending!
fl.gif

Thanks Terrah!

I brought her back to my apartment yesterday. She is just the sweetest thing! I let her sleep on the bed with me and she stayed right up against me all night. My uncle will foster her until she heals from her surgery unless we get good news about the lump. In that case he will be keeping her! Either way, she'll get to spend christmas with a family. The rescue said we should hear results by Monday or Tuesday.

Sounds like either way this girl is lucky to have found her way into your life, but if I had to wager a guess, she's going to her "forever" home soon!
smile.png

My Lab is lumpy. His first one popped up when he was 10 or so. I had that first one tested, and it turned out to be a fatty tumor. Since then he's had 3 more pop up. He's 14 now, and as healthy as a 14 year old dog can be.

Back
Top Bottom