Raising and Growing Our Organic and Not- So-Organic Foods

Pics
Boys worked long and hard to set up first raised bed in the back yard.

Adirondack blue potato
5 black beauty eggplant
5 casper eggplant
sunflower
nasturtiums
bloomsdale spinach
arugala
aisla craig onions
lima beans
2 green beans
8 tomatos-- 2 moravsky div, carbon, garden peach, prudens purple, cant recall last 3
3 purple tomatillos

Im sure I have forgotten others.

Arielle how fun all of you working together to get the garden done! I wish my kids had been interested enough to help me.
Very nice assortment.

Arielle how fun all of you working together to get the garden done! I wish my kids had been interested enough to help me.
Very nice assortment.
First of several beds.

Kids do not have an option. They know my back is limited; and they cant drive... so we help each other.

Im sure you have thought about how to use those bamboo canes. Im not familiar with the vine so I can only offer ideas. A grid? A fan?

First of several beds.

Kids do not have an option. They know my back is limited; and they cant drive... so we help each other.

Im sure you have thought about how to use those bamboo canes. Im not familiar with the vine so I can only offer ideas. A grid? A fan?

Not sure yet. Something. Lol

DSCN4922.JPG

Horseradish when it was in bloom about 1 & 1/2 weeks ago. Flowers are fading now.

I just went out to cut holes in the plastic in my wicking bed. I measured it it's 92'x61'
I will mix up the soil to fill it once the water empties and it dries out enough for me to get to it. All this rain from Alberto filled it half full of rain water.
At least I can use the peat moss to mix in the grow bags to help fill it in.

I just went out to cut holes in the plastic in my wicking bed. I measured it it's 92'x61'
I will mix up the soil to fill it once the water empties and it dries out enough for me to get to it. All this rain from Alberto filled it half full of rain water.
At least I can use the peat moss to mix in the grow bags to help fill it in.
Keep an ark handy?? You might need it this hurricane season. or keep a large kiddie pool handy, as a boat. lol

The season is trying to start early for sure. Our clay soil holds the water a long time. I'm hoping the raised beds will help keep the garden a bit drier.
Should work to use those raised beds. A commercial grower in CA suggests using them as that little bit of height, 6-8 inches is enough to help fruit trees thrive. Looked like the smallest of the dwarfs.

Back
Top Bottom