Raising and Growing Our Organic and Not- So-Organic Foods

Pics
Be safe!!! And the potted trees too!

We had kumquat a fe months ago--a refreshingly bitter/sour treat. My boys loved them.

You can grow them in the house. I got the Meiwa it's the sweetest
And more cold hardy. I will let it go dormant them bring it in this year. I also got a purple passion fruit vine. It's in a pot till i get the next raised bed done. I am trying to figure out some simple trellis for it.

@KDOGG331
Just catching up after being gone a week.

You might try switching your salt to Himalayan Pink Salt or a true Sea Salt. Either of those have the potential to alleviate your problem with table salt while adding additional minerals at the same time.

Most people that have problems with table salt don't experience the same problems with truly natural source salts. Additionally, if you reduce "good salt" intake too much, it can cause problems that can be dangerous.

@KDOGG331
Just catching up after being gone a week.

You might try switching your salt to Himalayan Pink Salt or a true Sea Salt. Either of those have the potential to alleviate your problem with table salt while adding additional minerals at the same time.

Most people that have problems with table salt don't experience the same problems with truly natural source salts. Additionally, if you reduce "good salt" intake too much, it can cause problems that can be dangerous.

Thanks for the info! We actually have pink salt so I will try that

re salt----i shoot for about a teaspoon of salt a day. Somedays more---then Im really thirsty, lol, or less, which can trigger leg cramps. ..... what a balancing act!! :wee

re kumquat--- maybe someday when the boys move out I will have room inside the house. Also will you need a few posts for the support for the trellis??? Im sure you are thinking about MANY options. Each with a problem, meaning none idea.

Using this to id some edibles and medicinal plants. Definitely approach with caution and find other reliable sources that confirm this identification and edibility.

I recognize a number of plants.....but not 100% it is the exact same plant. Did make me hesitate when weeding this morning. lol Left a couple in case it is edible.

Violets are up. A pretty, simple woodland flower that puts a smile on my face. :D

Finished replanting the last of the walking onions.

Peas are not in yet----not the big planting. Getting late--where did May go?:eek:

Violets are already passed---none to be found. I didnt make the time to pick when I should have. darn. I wont make that mistake next year.

Boys worked long and hard to set up first raised bed in the back yard.

Adirondack blue potato
5 black beauty eggplant
5 casper eggplant
sunflower
nasturtiums
bloomsdale spinach
arugala
aisla craig onions
lima beans
2 green beans
8 tomatos-- 2 moravsky div, carbon, garden peach, prudens purple, cant recall last 3
3 purple tomatillos

Im sure I have forgotten others.

re salt----i shoot for about a teaspoon of salt a day. Somedays more---then Im really thirsty, lol, or less, which can trigger leg cramps. ..... what a balancing act!! :wee

re kumquat--- maybe someday when the boys move out I will have room inside the house. Also will you need a few posts for the support for the trellis??? Im sure you are thinking about MANY options. Each with a problem, meaning none idea.

I ordered some bamboo stakes that are 6' x1/2" I was wondering how I could use them for a trellis.

Back
Top Bottom