Red and White Fabric Strip Swap--Sign-up Deadline January 15th.

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
SWAP THEME: RED AND WHITE ONLY Red on white, white on red. Perfect for Valentines!

Here is how it will work:

*Each person will take 2 yards of fabric (36x44)and cut it into 2 1/2 inch x 44 inch strips. Each yard will give you a minimum of 12 strips each.

*This swap will be limited to 24 slots/participants You can sign up for more than one slot, but not more than 3. You will have to submit a different colored fabric for each slot filled.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

*You must be 18 yrs. old or older to participate in this swap.

*Strips are to be sent to me no later than January 30th with a return envelope and postage included. PM me and I will send you my address.

*Folks can sign up for one month and not the next, for however long we continue. No need to promise to be here sewing for a year. One month at a time!

You can drop out and join at any point along the way, but you MUST send out the strips that you committed to after the 30th of January 2010. I will try to cut an extra strip or two in case we have some failures, anyone else who would like to do the same please do, and let me know. Thank you!!

DISCLAIMER:
BYC and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get a block in return. (Mail or failure on the part of one person to send one) I will do my best to make sure that doesn’t happen, and will try keeping a few blocks on hand to make amends. Please PM CoyoteMagic if there are any failures.

Thank you all for your participation in the swap

1. Coyote---RECEIVED
2. NanaKat---RECEIVED
3. Ginbart---RECEIVED
4. Saddina--- RECEIVED
5. Lavandula Girl--RECEIVED
6. Liquidroofcoatings --- BANNED FROM ANY OF MY FUTURE SWAPS!!
7. Ginbarts friend---RECEIVED
8. HorseJody---RECEIVED
9. HorseJody---RECEIVED
10. HorseJody---RECEIVED
11. CaliforniaChick---RECEIVED
12. Lavandula Girl--RECEIVED
13. Coyote--- RECEIVED
14. CountryPantry--- BANNED FROM ANY OF MY FUTURE SWAPS!!
15. CalifoniaChick---RECEIVED
16. Saddina--- RECEIVED
17. Goldenluver---RECEIVED
18. dbunni
19. dbunni
20. verthandi---RECEIVED
21. Saddina--- RECEIVED
22.Goldenluver---RECEIVED
23.NanaCat---RECEIVED
24.Coyote--- RECEIVED

Replacements
2-Verthandi

Last edited:
I just bought my fabrics in anticipation of this swap! Sign me up Please!
Clarification though...two yards of one fabric OR one yard of red on white AND one yard of white on red.

I bought three fabrics so I would have a choice.

Can I still sign up????????
lau.gif

I love the easy ones.

Last edited:
Just thinkin' outloud (talkin' to myself) here ....
Hhmmm, these are jelly roll strips, aren't they?
Yup, that's what they are, all right!
Well, if that's what they are, then why should they be prewashed?
Well, why not? What do ya mean?
Well, if I need more, and go buy more jelly rolls at the quilt shop .... they are not prewashed there!
Hhmmmmm, yea ....

3ztzsjm.gif

We pre-wash so that when we go to make the quilt there is less shrinkage. If we pre-wash the strips when we get them, some fray really bad. I've had some rayon stuff basicly desinigrate (sp?)in the wash because of fraying. I know. Pain in the patuti! But it makes the finished product so much nicer!

So are you in or what??!!

PS. I didn't even own an iron until I started quilting. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom