Redneck Nesting boxes

Quote:
We have our buckets nailed to stumps in the chicken pen! They have a little bit of board screwed across the front to keep the eggs from rolling out, and a hole drilled in the bottom to let water drain. The hens love them!

I've used several scrounged items for nests -- never paid for one yet. My first one was a cardboard box -- it was in use for a few months, not days. Simple enough to shake out, spray and refil.

I like it. Slap some white paint on the wood parts, replace the boxes for white buckets, and you'll be magically transformed from redneck to genius. Paint the tires, too, then paint another one, fill with sand, and you'll have a perfect dustbathing area for them.

awesome! lol I have found two baffles off of two yellow flashing street lights after a small tornado in sprat tn, i plan to use those! interested in the bucket idea you could stack them and make a pyramid!

I think using the tires is a tn thing!! where are you at in tn? i am in baxter ( near cookeville ) looking for a good rooster
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom