Respritory illness

You have to ask a clerk for Terramycin eye ointment. The packages are very small, and people steal them. Tylan 200 can be used, but the dosage would be 1/4 the dose of Tylan 50, because it is 4 times stronger than the 50. It might be hard to calculate unless you get a 1 ml syringe from a pharmacy or Walmart, but if you add water, it is doable. You can order Tylan online.

I would continue the metronidazole (API Natural Cure) since you started it, and give for a total of 5-6 days.

Getting testing is a pain, but you really shouldn’t breed and sell hatching eggs or chicks if they have something that can pass along.

I would call the testing place ASAP and see what you need to do for testing, like swabs etc and try to do that before you dose with Tylan. Having just researched basically all of the chicken respiratory diseases in the Merck manual, ILT seems to be the only one where bloody mucous is possible, and even though it's no longer bloody, I would be extremely concerned about ILT. You really really don't want that near your flock. I'd be changing clothes and shoes and washing hands between these birds and my others, too.

Colloidal silver is something that is used by some people, and a lot of the information about it is mostly personal experience or heresay, not a lot of scientific evidence of proof that it works or for dosage. I haven’t used it.

Yep, the Tylan 200 dosage would be pretty minute—0.02 ml 3 times a day. If you are getting testing, I would probably spend the money for that.

Back
Top Bottom