Ribh's D'Coopage

Thank you. I can't wait for it to be completely finished. The leads for the under cupboard lights won't be in stock until October though so we will have lights that don't work for a few months.
It will be functionally finished well before then (I hope) but still.... šŸ˜Ÿ
We just received our new stove on Saturday. I ordered and paid for it on March 8th. I wasn't sure if it was ever going to arrive or if I would have to pick something else out! There's a huge backlog everywhere. Hopefully you will get it sooner than expected.

I'm still unloading boxes of kitchen items from all over my house too...šŸ˜ I'm almost finished & I have a couple of boxes that are going to Goodwill.
I would have been totally amazed, happy for you & a little jealous at the same time, if your remodel went by without any other hiccups...:gig Hopefully you don't run into any other issues! šŸ’ž
I was going to say, it wouldn't be a new kitchen if it didn't have a fly in the ointment at some point!

It's rather deceptive @LozzyR. I once sailed backwards around the northernmost little island. The currents are really strong & the wind does weird things bouncing off all the land mass.
Hang on, I'm completely green when it comes to boats... They can go backwards??

Hang on, I'm completely green when it comes to boats... They can go backwards??
Hmmm... No, you can't really sail backwards. I was attempting to sail forward in very light winds but the current was strong enough to drag the boat backwards so I actually travelled the wrong way. I really need to move out of the current but I was a kid & my parents were having palpitations as it was. šŸ¤£

We just received our new stove on Saturday. I ordered and paid for it on March 8th. I wasn't sure if it was ever going to arrive or if I would have to pick something else out! There's a huge backlog everywhere. Hopefully you will get it sooner than expected.
It's the pandemic. My old fridge burnt out recently so I checked the CHOICE reviews, picked out a good one in my price range and couldn't get it online anywhere. So I decided to go old school and visit an actual shop :eek:

They had lots on display but very few in stock. That's unusual. Because we don't make fridges in Australia, the retailers usually keep their warehouses topped up, but they simply had not been able to get stock because of the pandemic. I daresay even the manufacturers can't get raw materials like they used to.

Anyway, with no fridge at home, I couldn't wait for an order with no delivery estimate, so I picked out 5 models from what I saw on display.

1 wasn't in stock.
2 wasn't in stock.
3 wasn't in stock.
4 they had *one* in stock, so I nabbed it.
5 I never asked about.

It was delivered the very next day and while I'm not thrilled by it's appearance I'm sure it will serve it's purpose for many years.

Hmmm... No, you can't really sail backwards. I was attempting to sail forward in very light winds but the current was strong enough to drag the boat backwards so I actually travelled the wrong way. I really need to move out of the current but I was a kid & my parents were having palpitations as it was. šŸ¤£
Oh I see! I know that feeling from when I was kayaking recently and got caught in a current. It was scary!

It's the pandemic. My old fridge burnt out recently so I checked the CHOICE reviews, picked out a good one in my price range and couldn't get it online anywhere. So I decided to go old school and visit an actual shop :eek:

They had lots on display but very few in stock. That's unusual. Because we don't make fridges in Australia, the retailers usually keep their warehouses topped up, but they simply had not been able to get stock because of the pandemic. I daresay even the manufacturers can't get raw materials like they used to.

Anyway, with no fridge at home, I couldn't wait for an order with no delivery estimate, so I picked out 5 models from what I saw on display.

1 wasn't in stock.
2 wasn't in stock.
3 wasn't in stock.
4 they had *one* in stock, so I nabbed it.
5 I never asked about.

It was delivered the very next day and while I'm not thrilled by it's appearance I'm sure it will serve it's purpose for many years.
Wow. That's insane.

@CrazyChookChookLady : I found a Phoenix breeder not too far from me [a couple of hours away] & have just touched base again to see how his breeding is going this year. He may have some by Christmas. :fl I'd love a rooster [those tails are glorious] but not really feasible. I've reminded him I'd like a couple of pullets. :D

@CrazyChookChookLady : I found a Phoenix breeder not too far from me [a couple of hours away] & have just touched base again to see how his breeding is going this year. He may have some by Christmas. :fl I'd love a rooster [those tails are glorious] but not really feasible. I've reminded him I'd like a couple of pullets. :D
Wonderful!! I hope they come through for you. ā¤

Back
Top Bottom