Ribh's D'Coopage

Hi everyone! Glad to hear everyone is doing well and staying safe. Sorry to hear poor Lottie is having egg troubles. My Isbar Tiny went through something similar, she is just 14 months old now and has finally started laying proper eggs. The Calcium supplements (ground up and cooked into eggs) helped a bit, but coming back from her winter break and molt seems to be what finally straightened her out. I’m hoping she has a good spring laying season this year and everything goes smoothly for her. She also isn’t quite so “Tiny” anymore... she’s put on a lot of size since summer and is now bigger than my all my Sapphires and Precious, one of her Isbar sisters.

I agree that Christmas just isn’t the same people-wise anymore. It’s a little better here in the small community, but having worked in Retail grocery the past decade, we are mostly done with the commercialization and frenzy to “celebrate”. We will most likely be going to the community potluck Christmas dinner this year, as Thanksgiving went wonderfully and it was very relaxed and low key. Gifts are going to be at a minimum as well, some candles for my mom, and maybe some basement sub flooring vented things for Andrew and I under the bed (we’ve got some humidity /mold concerns in the trailer again) the cats got new catnip pouches (but I gave them to them early!)

Hi everyone! Glad to hear everyone is doing well and staying safe. Sorry to hear poor Lottie is having egg troubles. My Isbar Tiny went through something similar, she is just 14 months old now and has finally started laying proper eggs. The Calcium supplements (ground up and cooked into eggs) helped a bit, but coming back from her winter break and molt seems to be what finally straightened her out. I’m hoping she has a good spring laying season this year and everything goes smoothly for her. She also isn’t quite so “Tiny” anymore... she’s put on a lot of size since summer and is now bigger than my all my Sapphires and Precious, one of her Isbar sisters.

I agree that Christmas just isn’t the same people-wise anymore. It’s a little better here in the small community, but having worked in Retail grocery the past decade, we are mostly done with the commercialization and frenzy to “celebrate”. We will most likely be going to the community potluck Christmas dinner this year, as Thanksgiving went wonderfully and it was very relaxed and low key. Gifts are going to be at a minimum as well, some candles for my mom, and maybe some basement sub flooring vented things for Andrew and I under the bed (we’ve got some humidity /mold concerns in the trailer again) the cats got new catnip pouches (but I gave them to them early!)

Nice to hear from you! I always prefer a low-key holiday season, but it seems very hard to obtain lately.

Kris!!!!:ya:ya:ya:hugs

Agreed. I am interested to hear what her next one is like. How old is Lottie?
She not 1 yet Bob. This is her first laying season. Her first eggs were small but had a nice firm shell. I know she was eating heaps of grit. She used to really chow down on it. Now...:idunno

Hey everybody :frow... I guess it would make more sense AND be more polite if I would say “good morning” instead of “good night”... but it’s gonna be “good night”... I’ll try and be back tomorrow morning so I’ll have more time to chat... see yall :hugs
WhoDat!!!!:hugs We understand. This is a busy time of year for lots of people. Hope you have a great celebration with your family.

Back
Top Bottom