Ribh's D'Coopage

The girls have finally lost the plot completely. This morning there was a ruckus in the pen so I went out to investigate. Ha'penny was running up & down the stairs screaming. Aoife was running round in circles screaming. Every so often she'd launch herself @ the wire & try to perch on the edge of the framing. Morrigu was screaming. Luna had her loud complaining voice on. I eventually twigged that Aoife & Ha'penny desperately wanted to climb into the straw bin, which they could see & which had the lid invitingly open, to lay & were prepared to attempt to go straight through the wire to reach it! 🙄 I'm tempted to move the silly thing right into the coop! Everyone has been using it if they can get to it.

View attachment 2430534
They eventually settled for the nesting boxes.
I went to gather up the eggs & Soda, Hepzibah & Wrold had divided the eggs between themselves & were happily coddling them. No~one owned the eggs they were on. 🙄 I removed the eggs & everyone took themselves downstairs in a bit of a huff. A bit later, figuring I'd got all the eggs I was going to get today, I went to let the girls out into the run & there was Soda, having found another egg for herself! She heard the gate & hurtled off the nest like a cannonball! :eek:Straight off the platform & into the pen. How she landed in one piece I will never know. I felt the ground shake when she landed! Everyone is now more or less in the run & all is quiet on the chicken front.​
I've got to be honest Ribh and say they look like nutters in this picture.:D

I'm so excited about the new girls Ribh!! :wee

I can't wait to see their pictures!
Thanks, MJ. I'm just a little ambivilant still because it is so quick but the birds are available now & we both know thats very lucky just now. I was expecting to have to wait & was working on that premise because I still dont have my Campines.

I knew I had shared a picture of what she looked like, so I did a search, it was here in your thread...lol! She was an absolutely beautiful girl!

Black Tailed Japanese Bantam
Ooh, yes! I remember that pic ~ but you can see why I want one. ;) Such a beautiful shape ~ like a curling wave.🥰

Back
Top Bottom