Ribh's D'Coopage

It was an all day project & rather fraught as the chickens were out in the run but it is done! I will finish pinning down the wire today & if I can find the paint may paint the bottom of the door to match the coop. Now my poor garden can have some recovery time & the man's business plants are safe from marauding chickens! :lol: They will still get some free ranging time but it will be highly supervised. My plans for landscaping the coop include some shell ginger & a lotus pond as they really enjoy the ponds in the yard. Of course once we were nowhere in view my naughty girls found every unsecured gap & were out & about ! 🙄 However the coop is *home* & they weren't difficult to bribe home with a little corn & seed. :lau
View attachment 2724564
It was an all day project & rather fraught as the chickens were out in the run but it is done! I will finish pinning down the wire today & if I can find the paint may paint the bottom of the door to match the coop. Now my poor garden can have some recovery time & the man's business plants are safe from marauding chickens! :lol: They will still get some free ranging time but it will be highly supervised. My plans for landscaping the coop include some shell ginger & a lotus pond as they really enjoy the ponds in the yard. Of course once we were nowhere in view my naughty girls found every unsecured gap & were out & about ! 🙄 However the coop is *home* & they weren't difficult to bribe home with a little corn & seed. :lau
View attachment 2724564
This is very nice! Your chickens have a beautiful home!

View attachment 2724564
The door turned out great!

I think that's the same type of wire as on the funrun.

We're chronic & can't help ourselves. As soon as the last screw was in we raided the man's stock for stags & elks & put up the pots for orchids. In time the orchids will totally cover & hide the pots & the stags will cover the boards to landscape vertically as well as horizontally.

In one of @Shadrach's rants he spoke about how chickens don't like being penned so I was expecting some resistance to their freedom being curtailed. To my surprise they have adjusted to the new regime remarkably well. The run is as interesting as we can make it. I will put in a pond & have it positioned in the N/E corner but I will have to wait till August/September before we can harvest our waterlilies or sprout some lotus. I have hanging baskets that can easily be put up & a couple of hollow stumps set aside that I can plant something in & hope the girls will give it a chance. All our leaf litter goes in the run too & so far, between the coop & the run everyone seems to have enough space to operate happily.
20210619_155246.jpg

We're chronic & can't help ourselves. As soon as the last screw was in we raided the man's stock for stags & elks & put up the pots for orchids. In time the orchids will totally cover & hide the pots & the stags will cover the boards to landscape vertically as well as horizontally.

In one of @Shadrach's rants he spoke about how chickens don't like being penned so I was expecting some resistance to their freedom being curtailed. To my surprise they have adjusted to the new regime remarkably well. The run is as interesting as we can make it. I will put in a pond & have it positioned in the N/E corner but I will have to wait till August/September before we can harvest our waterlilies or sprout some lotus. I have hanging baskets that can easily be put up & a couple of hollow stumps set aside that I can plant something in & hope the girls will give it a chance. All our leaf litter goes in the run too & so far, between the coop & the run everyone seems to have enough space to operate happily.
View attachment 2725189
It's already awesome, but once those plants get going, it'll be stunning.

View attachment 2725189
I love your vertical gardening! ❤️
How long does it take the elks and stags to cover their boards? It's going to look spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom