Ribh's D'Coopage

I don’t think we do, we’re just taking precautions (like we’re supposed to). Both of us have had our second shot but only recently, so we wouldn’t have full immunity yet. I don’t feel any worse than yesterday, the scratchy throat hasn’t developed into anything, so I think we’ll be ok. Our son isn’t vaccinated as he’s not eligible, so it’s him we’re thinking about.

Chicken tax:
View attachment 2796727
You're doing the right thing. At least he has extended family nearby (have I recalled that correctly?)

He was really distraught last night, but after a good night’s sleep, he’s a lot better and firmly ensconced in front of a screen. 🙄 He’s not coping with learning from home, he needs the structure of school, plus a parent being the educator does not work. He constantly argues the toss so it’s pretty fraught. It’s definitely affecting his mental health. :(
I'll tell you a horror story about our education system ~ because honestly, if your kid did nothing but read while he's out of regular school he would still be ahead in all likelyhood. A mum pulled her daughter out for 6 months. If I remember it was over bullying the school hadn't sorted. She did nothing with her kid for 6 months but read to her. The kid was nearly 12 months ahead when she returned to her classroom. All the math you need can be learned in about 3 months [assuming you're not a mathamatical moron like I am] so take some of the stress off yourself & don't fret about the schooling. Truly. There's nothing that can't be caught up on. A good news story; my youngest refused to do any math her last 2 years of high school ~ so no Alegbra, no trig., no calulus. She applied for the navy & in order to do the entrance exam taught herself Algebra in 3 hours. She says she's a little slow but her results were high enough to train as a pilot if she wanted. You've got enough going on. Don't fret the school thing. :hugs

The madwoman has tipped out all her water. Now she is standing in the empty water dish ~ probably because it's dry. 🙄
20210814_093913.jpg

The madwoman has tipped out all her water. Now she is standing in the empty water dish ~ probably because it's dry. 🙄
View attachment 2796745
There's a similar scene at our place with Clara, my Buff Orpington. I let her out after work, but she got in two flap fights right away, squawked her distress and ran back to the nest. She is back in the crate now.
Funny because Rosa, my Welsummer was refusing to leave the nest, screaming at me whenever I entered the coop and making broody ticking noises, but when she saw me get out the broody breaker crate, she hopped straight onto the roost and hasn't been on a nest since!

You're doing the right thing. At least he has extended family nearby (have I recalled that correctly?)
You do indeed recall that correctly, however; as they are my elderly in-laws, he can't visit them. :( His grandad has learnt how to FaceTime though, which is something. :)

Back
Top Bottom