ROO ACTING FUNNY

You'll have to give a little more info like how long its been this way, age, what kind of enviroment it lives in, what is being fed, etc... so that we can help.

The roos a little over half a year old, when he started doing this about a week ago they had been eating scratch for a long while with what ever scraps we had on hand. scraps weren't anything unusual, vegees and fruits. it lives in a coop with about 20 other chickens. they go out into a run if we're not home, and rome free outside when we are. the coop is cleaned often, water is cleaned often, over all very clean conditions. Every now and then i clean the coop with bleach water(when they're out and about of course)to disinfect.

Hi.

Scratch does not have the nutrition he needs; it is a snack food. He should be on a good game bird maintenance diet or chicken food that is ideally not layer food (too much calcium). To quote the ever helpful Diana of the Netherlands, also use a good nutritional supplement like Avia Charge 2000 in the water (can order from McMurray Hatchery). I would hurry.

Re: his immediate problem, I'm afraid I don't know without further info (so many possibilities) - is it possible to get him to a good avian vet?

Sending best wishes.
JJ

Last edited:
well, when we ran out of feed i was just giving them scratch and any scraps, but today we got some feed. i have a few chickens that do lay, one coop, so they all eat the same thing. the feed i got was layers crumbles. We don't live anywhere near anything so a bird vet is out of the question. mostly because my parents would rather me buy another chicken than pay so much for a vet. we live near a lot of woods so he could have been bitten in the leg causing that side to slouch, stroke, good fight. I can understand why it's hard to diagnose the problem.

And off subject, can these sub topics be deleted when i get the info i want, or do they just get really old and are automatically deleted?

Back
Top Bottom