Roost help

UNCLEG

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
soon I will be remodeling an older once portable a-frame chicken coop/run (tractor) I will be turning the hole thing into a permanent chicken house and adding a large chicken yard. I am running up on the problem as to how to place the roost in the house for optimal space useage. The current structure is 8 ft at its highest point and 8 foot at its widest point. I begiining to think I may need it to be larger, what are your recomendations. I plan to house 25 leghorns in it. I live in South Carolina so it will mainly be used for roosting, nest boxes will be located seperately from hen house, weather has never gotten bad enough that birds spend the day indoors. any thoughts?

How long is it? Is the whole thing open or is there enclosed housing in the top? If there's enclosed housing upstairs, how wide and long is that?

It is also 8 feet long. It will be enclosed from top to bottom and have an attached run/yard. The house coop will be raised on blocks, once relocated,, currently it is flat on ground, base is made of treated lumber.

Back
Top Bottom