Round up ready corn?

Are you talking about feeding seed corn or the corn that's harvested from round up ready corn? I wouldn't feed the seed we get to plant since it's been treated, but I've always went and gathered up the ears that the combine misses and feed that to my birds all winter long as a treat.

Ya. the corn that is harvested after the seed grows. the seeds are genetically modified so my customers dont want anything to do with it.
i want to prove that the corn wont hurt them or my animals.

Any more that's all that's planted around here too. I know there's a big debate about it, but I feed it to mine without any issues. Unless you feed organic feed that's probably what's in it.

Hmmm, I'm sorry to hear that, I thought many farmers were re-thinking the genetically altered corn because it could no longer be sold in Europe (or other countries).

i was going to try the organic stuff for my birds, but it is only sold in 25 lb bags around here and I'm not sure they would like it. Plus it is of course 3 x more expensive. I'm still considering it.

Thank you guys for your input.
ill see if i can find that film.
my customers want me to go all organic, but i dont have the money for that.....
= ) thanks again

Well, what would the chickens be eating if they freeranged around a natural corn field? that would be fine. GMO corn is not natural. I and my family try very hard to avoid eating anything made with GMOs. Genetically-modified organisms are too far a step beyond simple hybrid crops. There is not enough history to truly say what such sci-fi inventions will really do to us when ingested over a long period of time. I totally understand your customers not wanting to eat eggs from GMO-corn-eating chickens. Many people who buy farm-raised eggs over supermarket eggs do so because they are aware of, and care about, the health benefits... so they may object to the GMOs.

Back
Top Bottom