Rumpless, black skin, 5 toes, kinda bearded mix...but with what???

Well, these two chickens have proved me wrong all the way around in this post
lol.png
One: checked their rumps and now see feathers growing. No idea if they are just getting them or if indeed they were picked out at one time and I must missed it. Two: they are both now crowing after long stints in the nest boxes and squatting for my other roosters
roll.png
Sooooo....they are both now for sale. Anyone want some really weird, messed up roosters?
tongue.png

Can't even begin to guess what the silkie got mixed with. If you want to part with any........

Quote:
If they are pullets, it would be interesting to see what color egg they would lay.

Last edited:
Quote:
If they are pullets, it would be interesting to see what color egg they would lay.

If they were pullets they would lay a creme colored egg. These came from my Sizzles their smooth sizzles, I think the OP has figured out that the tail feathers are coming in late or have been picked out... These came out of my pen with black blue Sizzle hens (frizzled) with a blue birchen Smooth Sizzle roo

Last edited:
I'd sure take one if you were closer.

Had a name all picked out to call the Oopys, but how dare they grow tails. LOL

I still think they are cool looking birds.

Gonna go look at your listing.

ETA What color silkie did these come from?

Last edited:
Quote:

If they were pullets they would lay a creme colored egg. These came from my Sizzles their smooth sizzles, I think the OP has figured out that the tail feathers are coming in late or have been picked out... These came out of my pen with black blue Sizzle hens (frizzled) with a blue birchen Smooth Sizzle roo

pamperedpoultry is that the buff color - birchen? I wasn't really sure what to call them since I have several with that black/blue/buff-like coloring. I love them dearly but unless they stay quiet during the day (they have so far), they need to go to a new home. I already have 3 definite roosters I'm keeping.

Now, after reading the whole thread...
I think they look like a Blue Silkie X Birchen Cochin. Is this a possibility, Candace? I am assuming these are from your flock?
They are GORGEOUS with or without rumps. But another option to consider, if you are line breeding at all, I had a woman across town tell me that weird things like that happen when the lines cross too much. Something to consider. I trust her since she has been raising chickens for a long time. She actually came and bought one of my extra Jaerhon cockerels because she was starting to get some rumpless birds out of her Jaerhon flock that she needed new blood after 5 years.

And Candace, the 3 SLWs I had hatch from you are a trio! How fortunate can I be??? They are doing great and I love them. Can't wait until they lighten up, but they are starting to. I will send pics once I have them running around outside. The kids in my daughter's second grade class loved holding them the other day. I think it mellowed the chicks down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom