Rumpless, black skin, 5 toes, kinda bearded mix...but with what???

Oh my goodness – wait till you see this…………………..rummages around, throwing things over her shoulder, pushing items under the couch………….HA HA found them.

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Pictures were taken 4.23.10 – this chick is from my own cross APA Orp over hatchery Dels. She is rumples and after much searching and reading have found she is an incubation oops. She has no tail bone and no utopia gland (believe that is the spelling – the oil gland above the tail) – the info I found had a chart that showed those hatched with no gland were incubation ooops.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow! So they could be "oopses" lol. That is what their ends look like. I haven't been able to get a photo of it because they do not like to be messed with so it's all I can do to just pick them up and give them a look over. Never had hand raised birds like these
roll.png
Well, I will definitely go with the oops factor because she doesn't have any rumpless type birds in her flock or breeding pen. Very interesting stuff, thank you!

Last edited:
WOW! not sure where the rumpless came from..... Were they labeled frizz or sizz??? if sizz they came from my sizzle pen which is cochins and silkie crosses.. they have the coloring of one of my roo's
21968_1.jpg
heres some of my smooth hens but their not rumpless??? maybe they'll pick up in the "hindend area" as they grow...
21968_dsc_0395.jpg

21968_dsc_0394.jpg

Quote:
Hmmmm I thought Frizzle but you know, they could have been Sizzle.
roll.png
The coloring of your roo explains a lot of my other colors
smile.png

They do kinda resemble the chickens in these photos...so maybe? I'll keep an eye on their rumps but I really thought they would have something by now? Doesn't matter, I love them, just thought it would be fun to maybe know why!

Here is my frizzle from you (I'm guessing a boy but hoping girl)

4529786324_6423ef8a86_b.jpg

And here is my blue/lemon/copper Cochin from you.

4529752422_d261ecccfe_b.jpg

You have wonderful birds btw
thumbsup.gif
and your Seramas? OMG! 3 hatched, all girls. How lucky can I be?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Even if they were picked, you would still see the parsin's nose.

What on earth is that? Are you referring to the coccyx bones or the uropygial gland?

AH HA - that is it - not utopia gland
he.gif
- uropygial gland
thumbsup.gif

Parson's nose (or pope's nose) is what the tail bone (pygostyle) is sometimes called.

Thank you...because I was completely lost on that.

So there is definitely no tail and no coccyx bones that may form the tail? The lack of the coccyx bones means true rumplessness. I've seen it pop up in Leghorns.

I've never even considered that it looks like a nose...how weird!

Back
Top Bottom