Rumpless, black skin, 5 toes, kinda bearded mix...but with what???

She does have lovely birds
smile.png
I love all of mine so much even the OEGB roosters I cannot rehome for anything lol. Seems no one in this area raises them, sigh.

Are the boys still for sale? Would you consider shipping them? I would JUST LOVE to have them! I don't have any roos yet but I keep silkies and other show bantams. The more unique the chicken the more I love it (actually that goes for all things unique. I have cats that range from completely tailess to half tail). I'll look for your auction but since I live in FL I wouldn't be able to ome get them unless you could ship, but I'll of course pay for shipping costs!

Quote:
I'm sorry but shipping birds scares me to death. I have had horrible experiences with the postal service so I would worry every single minute. I would love for you to have them though
sad.png

Awww it's ok. I wish I lived closer I would DEFINITLY come and get them! To whoever gets them, if you breed them, mail me some eggs! I want my own new age dodo birds! LOL!

Quote:
Hey, the girl i got them from started with splash silkies and birchen frizzled cochin roo. I got some of mine as babies from her and some from some hatchin eggs on here. My breeding pen at the time the OP got eggs from me had 2 splash silkies, 3 black friz sizzled hens, and 1 blue frizzled sizzle hen, and a few blue smooth hens. Congrats on the SLW you lucked up there!
smile.png

Quote:
If they were pullets they would lay a creme colored egg. These came from my Sizzles their smooth sizzles, I think the OP has figured out that the tail feathers are coming in late or have been picked out... These came out of my pen with black blue Sizzle hens (frizzled) with a blue birchen Smooth Sizzle roo

pamperedpoultry is that the buff color - birchen? I wasn't really sure what to call them since I have several with that black/blue/buff-like coloring. I love them dearly but unless they stay quiet during the day (they have so far), they need to go to a new home. I already have 3 definite roosters I'm keeping.

Not the greatest on genetics but the buff looking colors on yours was thrown by the roo, He's been known to throw some really weird colors over splash silkies. I'm selling him this fall, I finally got me a solid blue smooth sizzle roo.

Here is the parent stock these come from
Blue hen, and I have 3 others that are black but dont have pics
21968_dsc_0279.jpg

The roo (older pic of him he's filled out quite a bit more)
21968_1.jpg

and the smooth hens look like this
21968_dsc_0395.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Lol well if they stay quiet, and I keep them, I'll send you some dodo eggs
smile.png

I think a smiley with rock hands head banging would be appropriate here... but since I have yet to find one I just have to tell you

THAT WOULD ROCK!

Could they be Silkie aracauna cross! Not all aracaunas are rumpless but can pass the gene down, that would explain why you would have only seen birds with tails, could also explain the crazy feather coloring if per chance the aracauna wasn't true, mixed with EE or Ameracauna to improve egg color. as ameracauna, and EE have tails and no tufts , but instead beards fluffy cheeks. then that would explain alot. EE's or easter Eggers are notorious for having many colors of eggs, feathers and being beardless, it would explain it.
Say the mother was Rumpless Aracauna and and dad EE which is already a Mix and carries a copy of the rumpless gene! That would give chick two copies of the rumpless gene, but not show it, so by breeding said chick the offspring will have a copy of the Rumpless gene whether it shows in the feathers or not. breeding it to a silkie( who has a tail but not full especially if it was supposed to be a frizzle, would result in a regular feathered bird with almost to no tail crazy feather colors.
its just a theory but could be the case!
otherwise yours could be cochin silkie cross that havent grown in tail feathers yet since cochin hens really don't have straight tail feathers anyhow, more like fluffy butt! :) How old are they in these pics?

Back
Top Bottom