Saint Johns Wart? Where do I get it?

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
I have a bird that is sick. I am not positive if she was born with something wrong with her or if she has Mareks. Several people have suggested it is possibly Mareks and have recommended I try Saint Johns Wart. Where do I get it and want dose and how do I give it to her.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks,
wink.png

How much do I give her and for how long? I bought some and it is a capsule it is 300 mg is that okay. Do I just open it and put the powder in the distilled water and let it dissolve?

Thanks your help is very appreciated. I would like to start giving it to her tonight.

How much do I give her and for how long? I bought some and it is a capsule it is 300 mg is that okay. Do I just open it and put the powder in the distilled water and let it dissolve?

Thanks your help is very appreciated. I would like to start giving it to her tonight.

Just open up the capsule in about a tablespoon of distilled water, and let it dissolve. Give your chicken about 15 drops of the solution. Drip it on their beak, and make sure that they move their beak and swallow-- its even better if you can get their beak open (pulling on the wattles can often make a chicken open its beak slightly) and drop it on their tongue. There is no set length of time to give the SJW- it hasn't been used a lot, and there are no hard and fast rules about it. I'd give it for at least two weeks to start with. Twice a day is best, but if you don't have enough time, once a day should be fine too. You may see improvement within a few hours (not all that common, but its happened), or after several weeks, or even never. SJW and its use in chickens to treat Marek's just hasn't been studied much.

Back
Top Bottom