Salmon Fav chicks sick?

Angie777

Hatching
Mar 11, 2021
Need help please! I received some Salmon Fav chicks from cackle hatchery last week and they're not acting normal. They walk about 5 inches then flop on their side and extend a leg out. They cannot stand normal either. Even when they slowly walk to the feeder/waterer they flop down on one side and extend 1 leg out. When I contacted the hatchery, they advised possible oxygen depletion. Said to give them apple cider and egg yolks. They are in a 120 gallon tub with plenty of room so I k on They're not getting to hot. Please help!

Maybe they have a leg problem. Try to make little splints for them so they can stand upright. Are they talking a lot? I would be extra worried if they are not clucking their little heads off. Faverolle chicks love to talk.

Need help please! I received some Salmon Fav chicks from cackle hatchery last week and they're not acting normal. They walk about 5 inches then flop on their side and extend a leg out. They cannot stand normal either. Even when they slowly walk to the feeder/waterer they flop down on one side and extend 1 leg out. When I contacted the hatchery, they advised possible oxygen depletion. Said to give them apple cider and egg yolks. They are in a 120 gallon tub with plenty of room so I k on They're not getting to hot. Please help!
Please post some photos of your brooder set-up.
If you can get video of their actions that would be great. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.
If using a red heat lamp - please turn that off when taking photos and video it's hard to see anything.

What is the temperature in your brooder - on the hot side and on the cool side.
What do you normally feed?

Hopefully with more info and photos/video we can offer some suggestions. Thanks!

Please post some photos of your brooder set-up.
If you can get video of their actions that would be great. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.
If using a red heat lamp - please turn that off when taking photos and video it's hard to see anything.

What is the temperature in your brooder - on the hot side and on the cool side.
What do you normally feed?

Hopefully with more info and photos/video we can offer some suggestions. Thanks!

Having trouble posting video. 92 degrees under lamp area and ambient temp 80. They're in a huge 120 gallon tub so plenty of room to move or regulate heat.

Did this just start, or has it been going on since they arrived?
Any chance your thermometer could be wrong? I noticed when I bought mine recently that some of them were reading a lot different than others.
This started just hours after they came

Back
Top Bottom