Serama Chick Care, Am I Doing It Right?

It's cruel to keep a chicken by it's self. You will need to get Snowbell a friend if you want to keep him inside (though it's better for him to live outside, where he can forage and live a natural chicken life, and have him take trips inside).

x2 for sure

He won’t be on his own and he will still have time outside. ^^ Right now due to bullying issues, he is living alongside Scrappy and Lulu.
1F747532-1726-4EE0-9DA9-A7F538B9070B.jpeg

He won’t be on his own and he will still have time outside. ^^ Right now due to bullying issues, he is living alongside Scrappy and Lulu.
I should have specified--I meant another chicken friend. Another chicken speaks his language and can properly interact with him. Another species does not understand a chicken or its behaviors, and the chicken does not understand the other specie. It's much better for the chicken to be with his own kind than be stuck with strangers he does not understand. If you are able to get another pullet, that would be great for him, even if he is living inside.

Keeping a chicken with a quail is also a serious heath risk to the quail--chickens carry diseases that quail aren't resistant too, so if the quail catches those diseases that can be deadly for it.

Last edited:
I should have specified--I meant another chicken friend. Another chicken speaks his language and can properly interact with him. Another species does not understand a chicken or its behaviors, and the chicken does not understand the other specie. It's much better for the chicken to be with his own kind than be stuck with strangers he does not understand. If you are able to get another pullet, that would be great for him, even if he is living inside.

Keeping a chicken with a quail is also a serious heath risk to the quail--chickens carry diseases that quail aren't resistant too, so if the quail catches those diseases that can be deadly for it.

Teenage Serama cockerels are feisty, I had mine on my shoulders while doing outdoor chores. He was a cutie, sold the group.
There’s some people nearby selling other breeds of bantam hens for decent prices, will be larger than him still, but I don’t think he’ll care too much about having some chonky, feathery footed gals when older.

Back
Top Bottom