Set Eggs Tonight.. Due the 23rd.. Pics.. Pg 7 !!

Quote:
WOW !! 36 swimming babies
th.gif
Hopefully they will all make it to hatch!
fl.gif
Good Luck!!

Quote:
I would wait too. If it doesn't smell, I wait until day 12. I have 10 silkie eggs bouncing away! Blue, Black, Splash. Can't wait. My last hatch was not good, but I had some humidity problems. I have a new hygrometer and its more accurate so lets hope I get the 10. I started out with 18 I think. Well, Good Luck
fl.gif

Quote:
WOW !! 36 swimming babies
th.gif
Hopefully they will all make it to hatch!
fl.gif
Good Luck!!

Thanks! My last and first hatch I had 28/29 on day 18 then I messed up the humidity and only ended up with 13 babies. I am hoping for a better hatch this time with what I learned.
Good luck with your 10!
fl.gif

I've pulled out my clears now, and I have 26 Marans eggs (mine and oblio13's), and 12 of buck creek chickens' Langshan eggs, all humming right along. On a lot of the Marans eggs, I'm guessing, since I can't candle through those shells, but every one of the Langshan eggs is developing nicely!
big_smile.png

I candled the salmon marans. My good candler bulb burned out so had to use the maglite which is okay but not for marn eggs. I think I have 7/12 developing for sure. The others one is a definite clear, one a blood ring and the rest are maybe's. I will candle agian tomorrow which is day 11.

Day 9, I think I lost another egg. It is the one I sealed with wax. The veins are all but gone and it is not moving.
hit.gif
I think I can still see the heat beating very slowly so I left it in till tomorrow. All my other shipped eggs are developing strange shaped air cells. They kinda dip down into the middle of the egg on one side.
hu.gif
They are all moving with good veins so will leave them for now. I will check all the eggs again on day 12.

Just wondering how everyone else is doing. I pulled one more out tonight that had a blood ring. So down to 34 out of the 38 started.

Back
Top Bottom