Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

I have a question I found a breeder on Craiga list, down the road from me with copper Marans. They said there hens lay a #4 egg. I had no clue what that was till I looked them up. So for $2 an egg should I be looking for a better egg color or is that a good price.

Don't commit to buying them. A #4 isn't that dark. You can order from bargain on here, she has nice color eggs. Craigslist could be iffie. Go look at the chickens first and if you like what you see buy them.

What is flooring chicks...do you mean coloring. They might sound neat. But you can kill them doing this. If you want colored chicks, get some kool-aide and spray them down, no harm done.

The auto spell check changes words on me. Why a spell check wouldn't have a word likr color is beyond me.

I know the chicks can die. We will only do 2 or 3 of them. The guy that gets the chicks wants to do it with his kids so we get to watch.

Question...Can you open the bator after day 18 to add water but just not on day 20 & 21? Trying to figure out how I am going to keep humidity up. Hopefully we get some rain this weekend and it will help to bring humidity up in the air. Thinking I might go get some tubing to slide in through a hole.

Day 14 woohoo!

Has anyone experienced odd temperature fluctuations on or near day 14? I can't seem to get it regulated. I've read that the chicks will start to produce heat but I'm fighting spikes and dips that I'm afraid will kill them :( Once I reduced the airflow a week ago or so it's been very reliable ever since. Since last night the temps climb so I adjust (too high to watch & wait) then they drop suddenly. Maybe my thermostat went haywire?

Question...Can you open the bator after day 18 to add water but just not on day 20 & 21? Trying to figure out how I am going to keep humidity up. Hopefully we get some rain this weekend and it will help to bring humidity up in the air. Thinking I might go get some tubing to slide in through a hole.

Day 14 woohoo!

Yes that is when you should add water and stop turning. You can add water through the vent holes with a syringe and straw. I always place a small jar with a sponge upright in it, right below the vent holes.

Don't commit to buying them. A #4 isn't that dark. You can order from bargain on here, she has nice color eggs. Craigslist could be iffie. Go look at the chickens first and if you like what you see buy them.
Bargins eggs are nice and dark, thats my marans in my bator now:)shipped fabulously! double boxed and individually wrapped and marked for type of maran. so far so good, most are developing nicely as far as i can tell, cuz they are very chocolate!

Noelg

Day 14 candle. pulled 2 more eggs out that were too clear for this point. Down to 9 left and I think I saw toes in one of them but it moved too quick. I think they move away from the light. 4 more days till lock down and I am trying to figure out a water delivery system to get my humidity up for the last 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom