Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

1st clutch day 21 is in a few hours 6/8 made it to lock down at least 3 are doing some shaking.
pop.gif
I moved the 6 to the fridgebator for lockdown, so as long as I'm awake when they hatch it should make for a good show.

2nd clutch, 5 eggs, will be at day 14 this eve. Going to have my kids help me candle so they can see what's going on in there too. They haven't seen me candle yet.

3rd clutch, 21 eggs, will be at day 8 tonight.

Congrats to everyone going into lockdown or getting ready to lockdown.
thumbsup.gif

pop.gif
Can't wait to see some baby pics!

OH MY GOSH !

I'm so excited ! Sitting next to the bator I heard a cheeping from the eggs !!! And it's only the night of the 17th day !! I'm SO excited guys ! This will be my first bird ever !

OH MY GOSH !

I'm so excited ! Sitting next to the bator I heard a cheeping from the eggs !!! And it's only the night of the 17th day !! I'm SO excited guys ! This will be my first bird ever !

I know what you mean this is our first hatch too. I keep going to the 'bator just to watch the eggs move every now and then. I don't see any cracks yet. They could just be in a spot where I can't see them, but they should be hatching any time now. I'm worried about one, because When I candled them before lockdown one had the airsac attached to the side instead of the end and now I can't remember which one it was...I should have marked it.

I've made a camp out next to the bator as usual since it's in my bedroom. the chick has gone silent for a while - taking a break I suppose. I've been singing and humming and talking and it seems to stimulate her a bit at times.. I don't see a pip from it though, and I have NO clue what egg it's coming from because I haven't seen the egg move at all. I'm praying it's not shrink wrapped - I don't know why it would be, my humidity has been P E R F E C T the whole incubation !

I would candle to see which has a weird air sac... Just very quickly maybe.

I'm going to step in at 11:40 and candle to see which egg has poked a hole through the air sac if the egg won't move. At 1:00 if it hasn't pipped I'll help her out a bit too...

Plowboybunny - how did your eggs with detached air sacs do? Were they able to hatch okay in cartons?

The ones that hatched this am were from my own bantam eggs. The detached air cell ones go into lock down on Monday. I just candled them and most look like they stopped developing a few days ago :( they'll go into LD anyway, but it doesn't look promising.

I would candle to see which has a weird air sac... Just very quickly maybe.

I'm going to step in at 11:40 and candle to see which egg has poked a hole through the air sac if the egg won't move. At 1:00 if it hasn't pipped I'll help her out a bit too...
I found the one with the air sac on the side. It's the most active egg.

How can you tell if they have piped the air sac? What do you do to help them?

Yay ! And I was GOING to help it pip if it needed to be, but i can't find the stinkin egg ! i have a suspect though. I woke up from a nap and now I'm hearing nothing again. These chicks are very tricky ! :/

Day 18 and a half, and we are officially on lockdown! 15 wigglers, and two are showing definite signs of drawdown. Maybe these blackout eggs are back on schedule after all! Two or three chickie shadows look a little small for dates to me, but I'm not exactly super-experienced at this.

Last edited:
So far nothing but the occasional peep coming from the eggs... no movement... not very frequent peeping coming from the eggs... I'm worried sick !

Back
Top Bottom