Setting the week of August 22 (or so... ) Everyone join!! You know you want to!

I can click on them and see them. Not really sure about it. They don't look curled like the pic that I saw the other day. Post on the emergencies board if you are really worried. Someone there will know for sure.
hugs.gif
Post a pic of the fluffy tiny baby.

Can he stand and walk? ?if so i wouldnt worry too much some leg and foot things work themself out in few days.. If he cant stand or walk you may have to put the chick shoe thing they put on.
Card board with duct tape holding them flat for a few days to straighten curled toes.(dont get the duct tape on his body in anyway it sticks badly they say to take it of using baby oil. or it could hurt his skin
i would think it would work for this turned in toe too.
Google" baby chick foot problems" and see if they have those chick shoes on there. or try the learning center on BYC. they may have them too..I am pretty sure it is 2 small pieces of cardboard with the tape holding it flat on the foot covering the whole cardboard like a sandwich with the toes in the middle but i didnt read the article .Only about other leg problems.So they could have some cotton in between to to keep the card board from rubbing the toes. Not sure. GOOD LUCK!

Can he stand and walk? ?if so i wouldnt worry too much some legand foot things work themself out in few days.. If he cant stand or walk you may have to put the chick shoe thing they put on.
Card board with duct tape holding them flat for a few days to straighten curled toes.(dont get the duct tape on his body in anyway it sticks badly they say to take it of using baby oil. or it could hurt his skin
i would think it would work for this turned in toe too.
Google" baby chick foot problems" and see if they have those chick shoes on there. or try the learning center on BYC. they may have them too..I am pretty sure it is 2 small pieces of cardboard with the tape holding it flat on the foot covering the whole cardboard like a sandwich with the toes in the middle but i didnt read the article .Only about other leg problems.So they could have some cotton in between to to keep the card board from rubbing the toes. Not sure. GOOD LUCK!
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKRaisingChicks.html Here is a website that shows the chick shoe .but you have to scroll down part way to get to it

OK, I know this is a stupid question before I ask it, but what the heck.....If I end up with just this one chick.....what do you do???? My oldest are 18-19 weeks old and not even laying yet...so definitely no broodys......my youngest little girl is around 13 weeks old. I could see how Sassafras (Isbar) acted around it, if she would mother it somewhat. Or I thought about my sweetest hen a speckled sussex, Hattiecall, I just hate for it to grow up all by itself.

Back
Top Bottom