Shaws 2019 call duck line up

Well I'm still stuck with the 5 call drakes that need a home.
. . . but someone who got my number from my Craigs list ad contacted me and wants ducklings. :lol:
What's a girl to do? She only wants 2 or 4. And there is always a possibility people can back out on you.
But I still think the responsible and reasonable thing to do is go ahead and fire up the incubator. :gigI mean it's almost spring right?
I've got 11 eggsies. Surely by the time they hatch I will be able to find some takers.
Now. . do I wait till tomorrow and shoot an even 12 or pop them in tonight? Decisions decisions.
Incubator is all ready to go. I'm itching to pop them in there:lol:

. . . but someone who got my number from my Craigs list ad contacted me and wants ducklings. :lol:
What's a girl to do? She only wants 2 or 4. And there is always a possibility people can back out on you.
But I still think the responsible and reasonable thing to do is go ahead and fire up the incubator. :gigI mean it's almost spring right?
I've got 11 eggsies. Surely by the time they hatch I will be able to find some takers.
Now. . do I wait till tomorrow and shoot an even 12 or pop them in tonight? Decisions decisions.

Send them to me, I'll hatch them for you :p

Another post for @Pyxis
I am convinced that duck dux is carrying chocolate, and passed it to Thea.
For those who don't know Duck and Jane were my first calls, a supposed gray pair that turned out to be a blue fawn and a gray . . which turned out to produce from their first clutch a blue fawn (Ralphie)and a gray drake (Memphis who I no longer own) and one duck that I assumed was pastel (Thea) After consulting with friends here.
We believed that the gray duck (Jane) carried a hidden blue gene that made this possible.
Fast forward. The blue fawn duckling (Ralphie) never got the blue color head. .it was brownish black. Strange.
Then the Thea hatched her first clutch this past fall and I've ended up with some chocolates. It was a mystery.
I have never noticed the difference between Thea and my other two pastels until recently. Now I see it plain as day. :eek:
190213_180114_COLLAGE-1.jpg
190213_175827_COLLAGE-1.jpg

Another post for @Pyxis
I am convinced that duck dux is carrying chocolate, and passed it to Thea.
For those who don't know Duck and Jane were my first calls, a supposed gray pair that turned out to be a blue fawn and a gray . . which turned out to produce from their first clutch a blue fawn (Ralphie)and a gray drake (Memphis who I no longer own) and one duck that I assumed was pastel (Thea) After consulting with friends here.
We believed that the gray duck (Jane) carried a hidden blue gene that made this possible.
Fast forward. The blue fawn duckling (Ralphie) never got the blue color head. .it was brownish black. Strange.
Then the Thea hatched her first clutch this past fall and I've ended up with some chocolates. It was a mystery.
I have never noticed the difference between Thea and my other two pastels until recently. Now I see it plain as day. :eek:View attachment 1672608 View attachment 1672609

I think that was the theory I came up with on how you got the chocolate ones, right? Lol, it's been awhile since we talked about it.

Yeah, she looks very chocolate in these new photos :)

Of course! Fire the bator up woman!! :D
But you might consider waiting until Sunday/Monday so they are hatching on a weekend?

View attachment 1672610 View attachment 1672611 Thea standing in between the two pastels, Daisy and Daphne who I believe the mother to be my blue fawn girl (Sophie) and father Ralphie.

Beautiful! Glad yall got it figured out. :clap

I think that was the theory I came up with on how you got the chocolate ones, right? Lol, it's been awhile since we talked about it.

Yeah, she looks very chocolate in these new photos :)
Yup. It sure is. :highfive:
And I swear her speculum didn't used to be that dark! I gots to dig up my older photos. But she was also the one that started out with Angel wing so I think her flights covered up most of it.
So. . question. would you call her a chocolate or a nutmeg? Here's a pic of her next to Drakeo.
20190213_171919_HDR.jpg
oh, and one of her daughter Tessas wing. It looks almost just like hers, but a touch lighter. I wonder if they will come back darker after a molt?
20190213_171617_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom