• Total voters
Pics

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
I was asked to start this thread and plus I just LOVE Shih Tzu’s so I gladly agreed so here goes....

This thread is for all things Shih Tzu!!

If you love this breed and/or own one then this thread is for you!

Feel free to post pictures, share stories, ask questions, share breed information, whatever you want as long as it is Shih Tzu related!!

Shih Tzu mixes are welcome too!!

Have fun and be nice! :)

I'm excited to see some. :pop I haven't owned any. Groomed a lot of them back in the day. I read they are happy fun dogs. I don't think they are as popular since the mixed breed craze started. Hopefully some members still own them.

Me too!! I hope people post. :fl and that’s awesome!! They definitely seem like great dogs. I think you are right though, seems everyone owns mixed breeds now! Hah sad but hopefully people still own purebreds. Havanese are another cute, happy little breed that I love. They’re not as common though although more common up here I think. Anyway, I love Shih Tzus lol I think some members do own them because I searched before making this thread and there were some people in intro posts I saw that mentioned Shih Tzu, some newer posts, so hopefully they see this and post. :fl

Until someone posts one.... did you groom show dogs? Pets? Puppy cut? I imagine the full show coat would be suuuuuuperrrrrrr hard to maintain lol

And are you thinking of getting one now!? Or still planning on a hound next?

I think I like the little dog idea now. They are adorable, eat way less, and would probably get along with the cat a lot better or at least intimidate her a lot less haha

But then again I still really like Goldens and Aussies so idk. :confused:

But if I got a little dog, I think it’d probably be a Shih Tzu, Havanese, Papillon, Bichon Frise, or Boston Terrier. :)

Until someone posts one.... did you groom show dogs? Pets? Puppy cut? I imagine the full show coat would be suuuuuuperrrrrrr hard to maintain lol

And are you thinking of getting one now!? Or still planning on a hound next?

I think I like the little dog idea now. They are adorable, eat way less, and would probably get along with the cat a lot better or at least intimidate her a lot less haha

But then again I still really like Goldens and Aussies so idk. :confused:

But if I got a little dog, I think it’d probably be a Shih Tzu, Havanese, Papillon, Bichon Frise, or Boston Terrier. :)
I groomed pets. Mostly shave downs with a fluffy head and tail. Occasionally someone wanted a longer puppy cut.

My little Boston mix wrestles the cat. The cat seeks her out for it. I currently have 3 smaller and 3 bigger dogs. I like a good mix.

As I'm thinking about a hound I'm remembering why I said no more after the last one, so I'm unsure which way we will go next. I like considering my options too.

Little dogs live longer. Eat less. Are portable, and usually are more playful. Most were bred to be companions.

I groomed pets. Mostly shave downs with a fluffy head and tail. Occasionally someone wanted a longer puppy cut.

My little Boston mix wrestles the cat. The cat seeks her out for it. I currently have 3 smaller and 3 bigger dogs. I like a good mix.

As I'm thinking about a hound I'm remembering why I said no more after the last one, so I'm unsure which way we will go next. I like considering my options too.

Little dogs live longer. Eat less. Are portable, and usually are more playful. Most were bred to be companions.

That makes sense! Shaved dogs are definitely easier to maintain lol although I don’t really like the shaved look too much. Nothing wrong with it at all, I just like the cute fluffy factor :lau

That’s adorable!! I am hoping she may be friends with a little dog lol she sometimes played with Gator but also sometimes seemed nervous so it varied lol

That’s a good idea having a good mix!! I think I will eventually do that. Maybe a Golden and a little dog lol

That makes total sense!! They can definitely be a challenge lol although they’re definitely great. What does hubby say/want? Lol

Yeah, I love doing that! And can definitely help decide but sometimes can make it impossible to decide LOL

Those are all excellent points and reasons why I’m considering a little dog. :D

Although I also kind of want a bigger one so one can protect me so idk.

But if I ever move, a little dog can go most places whereas it’s harder to find a place that allows bigger dogs.

That makes sense! Shaved dogs are definitely easier to maintain lol although I don’t really like the shaved look too much. Nothing wrong with it at all, I just like the cute fluffy factor :lau

That’s adorable!! I am hoping she may be friends with a little dog lol she sometimes played with Gator but also sometimes seemed nervous so it varied lol

That’s a good idea having a good mix!! I think I will eventually do that. Maybe a Golden and a little dog lol

That makes total sense!! They can definitely be a challenge lol although they’re definitely great. What does hubby say/want? Lol

Yeah, I love doing that! And can definitely help decide but sometimes can make it impossible to decide LOL

Those are all excellent points and reasons why I’m considering a little dog. :D

Although I also kind of want a bigger one so one can protect me so idk.

But if I ever move, a little dog can go most places whereas it’s harder to find a place that allows bigger dogs.
My husband wants the coonhound, but he would let me get anything. He's now wheeling 3 dogs around in the wheelbarrow when it's empty. :)

It's not easy picking out a breed is it? :)

My husband wants the coonhound, but he would let me get anything. He's now wheeling 3 dogs around in the wheelbarrow when it's empty. :)

It's not easy picking out a breed is it? :)

You should get both! LOL or maybe coonhound then Shih Tzu since you just got the Boston/Frenchie. :)

And awww how cute! LOL

And nope! Definitely not! Haha

Back
Top Bottom